These reading exit slips/ tickets are designed to promote student reflection and critical thinking. They also encourage more focus and accountability during independent reading time, as readers are required to thoughtfully respond to reading. This set consists of 56 thought provoking questions and tasks related to Personal Response.
The questions and tasks relate to strategies such as: making connections, supporting opinions and feelings, expressing thoughts, and more! Each page consists of 4 related assignments, which makes it easy to just print and pass out one sheet per week!
A suggestion for using Personal Response Exit Slips with your class:
1. If you teach using the Reader’s Workshop model, decide on a skill you’d like your readers to practice during independent reading time. Introduce and explain the assignments before sending readers to their reading spots. Have them quickly cut out and attach the slip to their reading response journals. It’s helpful for students to have their notebooks with them as they read, as they may complete the assignment during (or after, if your prefer) independent reading time.
2. Readers take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete the task. (These slips are also great to use with guided reading and strategy groups!)
3. At the end of reader’s workshop or independent reading time, students share with the class, in small groups, or with a partner. This brings reading time to a close.
- “My Reading Response Notebook” cover
- “Personal Response” cover (for gluing into notebook; also helpful for separating different reading sets in notebooks)
- 56 questions or tasks
Teachers save 25% by purchasing the bundle, which also includes:
Find the bundle here!
Reading Exit Slips Bundle
I hope you choose to download this product. If you do and find it helpful, please leave a great rating, follow me, and check out the other products in my store. Thank you!
~For personal and single classroom use only.~