Packet 1: This reading packet provides 23 word lists of the final stable syllable (-le) type words. Also, a master list of all the words is included as a quick reference. A final stable syllable is one of the six types of syllables in reading. Each list in this unit includes words using all the vowels with a (-le) final stable consonant. Reading will become more manageable for students once they understand syllable types. This packet only contains word lists, but the words on the lists can be used in multiple ways to decode and encode words:
• as a source to help you in create your own reading and spelling activities
• for ABC order
• to complete word sorts
• develop more accurate and fluent readers
• read words for homework
• use for spelling lists
• quick reading assessments
• practice and re-teach reading skills
• supplement general education curriculum
• compare and contrast with other syllable types
• use at a word work station
• print as a student booklet by clicking print, printer properties, and booklet
*This first packet ONLY contains word lists.
Packet 2: Final Stable Syllable (-le) Activities & Games Packet includes
10 activities and games that give students a fun way to learn 10 final stable (-le) syllables: -ble, -cle, -dle, -fle, -gle, -kle, -ple, -sle, -tle, -zle. These activities/games can be placed in language stations, or they can be played during small groups. These are activities/games that your students will enjoy as they learn another way to break the code to reading!
1. Syllable Match- Up
2. Which Final Stable Sound?
3. 13 Final Stable Vowel Booklets
5. Riddle Fiddles
6. Syllable Picture Sort
7. Dab the Final Stable Picture
8. Sweet Shop Hop Game Board
10. Got It!
*An answer key is included in Packet 2.