Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
10.89 MB | 25 pages
Even big kids need reminders of reading strategies for when they get stuck! This resource is a great upper elementary resource for a bulletin board or student reading stations. I use these strategies during Reader's Workshop as reminders to students who get stuck!
All posters are full page black and white posters. There are posters with strategies and blank posters included. The posters can be printed full page or as "half-sheets." Strategies apply to both fiction and nonfiction texts.Fourteen total strategies are included and feature the clipart of Educlips. Four different "header" images are also included in this bundle.
- Reread the text
- Jot notes in the margin
- Summarize in your own words
- Read on to get more information
- Look at the text features for help
- Break apart unknown words
- Make predictions based on what you've read
- Ask questions about the text
- Create a picture in your mind
- Look up words in a dictionary or thesaurus
- Watch a YouTube video on the topic
- Highlight key events or the main idea
- Talk with someone about what you read
- Connect information from the text to what you already know
Also included in this zip file are 10 blank and editable posters for you to add your own strategies!
Print on white or neon cardstock for a pop of color! Laminate and use these for the entire year!
Check out the preview for example posters and mentor text suggestion! Need a strategy added? Email me at MsAPlusTeacher@gmail.com or "ask me a question."
Hope these can help you in your classroom!
* This file contains an editable Power Point file & a premade PDF file.