These reading fluency comprehension passages featuring short vowels word families will help develop reading fluency and comprehension skills of short vowel (a,e,i,o,u) family words in context.
This pack features 26 passages on vowels /a/,/e/, /i/, /o/ and /u/ word family words to build reading fluency and comprehension.
- Reading passage/story featuring the word family words and content-specific words in context
- Mix of multiple-choice questions and written response (literal, inferential, higher order) to target key comprehension skills
- Booklets: 2 sizes featuring the reading text in focus.
→ Small: The reading passage/story is featured on a single sheet. Simply fold after printing to form a mini booklet.
→ Large: The reading passage will be printed/copied on two sheets of paper (back to back). The booklet size is half of a portrait sized (8x10) sheet providing students with larger font size and visuals.
The booklets are especially useful for students to read, re-read and find evidence from the text in order to answer the questions. Students may also take these booklets home for further reading practice.
- Editable PowerPoint presentation to introduce words in context.
- Reading flashcards featuring short vowel words and content-specific story words.
- Use the PowerPoint presentation and reading flashcards to introduce the word family words and content specific story words for each short vowel word family.
- Read the text and have students highlight the word family words on the sheets.
- Students re-read the text in booklets (choice of 2) independently to find evidence in order to answer the comprehension questions.
- Students may also work independently on this pack at a Center or during Guided Reading sessions.
-at, -an, -ap, -am, -ad, -ag, -ar, -ab, -ip, -id, -it, -in, -ig, -im, -et, -en, -ed, -eg, og, -op,
-ot, -ob, -un, -ug, -ut, -um.
This bundle features supplementary resources and activities on the passages in this pack providing you with a complete unit of short vowels word family study.
Please contact me with any queries regarding this resource.