Reading Fluency Lessons That Work - Bundle
2nd - 6th, Homeschool
What educators are saying
My students use this resource during differentiated instruction. They found these articles to be interesting and fun to read. They really come in handy during reading rotations.
This was a great resource for my students who are still struggling with fluency. It covers all important components and provides enough for the students to work from. Good add-on resource.
Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
This is an EXCELLENT bundle for supporting students in reading fluency!
- Many people believe that to read fluently means to 'read fast.' But, in fact, there is much more to reading with fluency than being able to read fast.
- Having students read a passage for speed is not teaching them to read with fluency. Students need direct instruction on the 6 characteristics of what makes a fluent reader.
- Pausing: noticing punctuation for meaning
- Phrases: grouping words for meaning
- Stress: stressing words to convey meaning
- Intonation: rise/fall, loud/quiet to reflect meaning
- Rate: reading to help the listener understand the text: not too fast, not too slow
- Integration: putting it all together for meaning
- When students are struggling with FLUENCY, it means they are really struggling with COMPREHENSION!!!
- We can create fluency lessons that offer direct instruction to practicing the 6 fluency skills listed above, with the understanding that students are really struggling with comprehending the text
The fluency lessons in this bundle include everything you need to teach, practice, assess, and build confidence with these specific reading fluency skills!
- 10 Pausing Lessons
- 5 Phrases Lessons
- 5 Stress Lessons
- 5 Intonation Lessons
- 5 Rate Lessons
- 5 Integration Lessons
- 5-10 whole group fluency lessons with teacher language.
- Student note-taking pages for every lesson.
- 'I Can' statement cards for each lesson with teacher questions on the back. These work great for re-teaching and practicing skills in small group settings.
- A graphic organizer for every lesson for students to practice showing their ability to master each skill.
- Assessments on reading for fluency.
- Brag tags to celebrate mastering fluency skills.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO TEACH READING FLUENCY IS INCLUDED!
Copyright © 2018 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
You can find the Fluency Bundle Here
Interested in becoming a member? LEARN MORE HERE
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.