Reading Fluency and Comprehension - Second grade reading fluency and comprehension passage - 15 fiction and 15 nonfiction. Each passage is leveled and are in the 430L to 690L range. All passages have between 186 and 210 words.
For sample Reading Fluency Passages, click HERE
Each passage contains three components - A teacher passage with numbered columns and a chart to record words correct and errors daily. There is also a student copy which has larger font for the students to read off of while you record on the teacher's sheet. Lastly, there is a reading comprehension sheet that contains three questions in a short answer format. This would be perfect for any reading interventions (RTI) you are conducting in your classroom.
I also included graphs for the students to record their cold and hot read in blue or red so they can keep track of their progress.
My weekly parent reading log will help parents practice and record the fluency passage practice at home.
This resources is also available for
These are the titles of the passages, level, and word count.
• Space Adventures - 430L - 203 Words
• Pirate song - 440L - 209 Words
• The Alien with the Missing Tooth - 460L - 186 Words
• Sister Trees - 470L - 199 Words
• Silly Dreams - 510L - 194 Words
• At the Beach - 520L - 203 Words
• The Playful Chipmunk - 520L - 203 Words
• Monkey Fears - 520L - 210 Words
• The Brave Spider - 520L - 200 Words
• The Little Prince - 540L - 210 Words
• The Sad Snail - 570L - 209 Words
• Pigs on a Boat - 580L - 194 Words
• Hide and Seek - 600L - 206 Words
• School Yard Games - 620L - 198 Words
• The Cocoon - 650L - 197 Words
• Spiders - 520L - 201 Words
• Sugar - 550L - 196 Words
• Pirates - 570L - 201 Words
• Owning a Pet - 580L - 203 Words
• Sharks - 580L - 211 Words
• Walt Whitman 590L - 200 Words
• Heart Talk - 590L - 198 Words
• From Cocoon to Butterfly - 590L - 208 Words
• Fairy Tales - 590L - 201 Words
• Dolphins - 600L - 205 Words
• Bacteria - 600L - 204 Words
• Understanding Weather - 630L - 209 Words
• Birds of Prey - 630L - 201 Words
• The Power of Wind - 640L - 196 Words
• Lewis Carroll - 690L - 198 Words