Reading Fluency Passages and Comprehension Questions 2nd Grade
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Do you want a full year's worth of reading comprehension and reading fluency resources? These ready-to-use, no-prep reading resources include reading fluency and comprehension passages, paired texts, close reading, and reading comprehension strategies that you can use throughout the whole school yePrice $120.00Original Price $171.50Save $51.50
- Save over 20% by buying the reading fluency and comprehension bundle! You will get 150 reading fluency and comprehension passages at the first through fifth grade level, (75 fiction and 75 nonfiction). Each passage is leveled and falls between 250L to 970L. All passages have between 145 and 281 wPrice $48.00Original Price $75.00Save $27.00
These second grade reading fluency and comprehension passages contain 30 ready-to-print passages (15 fiction and 15 nonfiction). Each leveled passage is in the 430L to 690L range and has between 186 and 210 words. Use the comprehension questions to assess understanding after the students read the text!
*UPDATE* You can now share this with your students digitally! This is perfect for distance learning.
This digital version of this resource was created using Google Forms. You must have a Google email for use. Each passage can be assigned in Google Classrooms. It is ideal for distance learning. I also include the print file so you can have a physical copy of the pages when you are back in school with your students.
Each passage contains five components -
- A teacher passage with numbered columns and a chart to record words correct and errors daily.
- A student copy that has a larger font for the students to read off of while you record on the teacher's sheet.
- A reading comprehension sheet that contains three questions in a short answer format. This would be perfect for any reading interventions (RTI) you are conducting in your classroom.
- Graphs for the students to record their cold and hot read in blue or red so they can keep track of their progress.
- A weekly parent reading log will help parents practice and record the fluency passage practice at home.
For sample Reading Fluency Passages, click HERE
This resource is also available for
Below are the titles of the passages, level, and word count.
• Space Adventures - 430L - 203 Words
• Pirate song - 440L - 209 Words
• The Alien with the Missing Tooth - 460L - 186 Words
• Sister Trees - 470L - 199 Words
• Silly Dreams - 510L - 194 Words
• At the Beach - 520L - 203 Words
• The Playful Chipmunk - 520L - 203 Words
• Monkey Fears - 520L - 210 Words
• The Brave Spider - 520L - 200 Words
• The Little Prince - 540L - 210 Words
• The Sad Snail - 570L - 209 Words
• Pigs on a Boat - 580L - 194 Words
• Hide and Seek - 600L - 206 Words
• School Yard Games - 620L - 198 Words
• The Cocoon - 650L - 197 Words
• Spiders - 520L - 201 Words
• Sugar - 550L - 196 Words
• Pirates - 570L - 201 Words
• Owning a Pet - 580L - 203 Words
• Sharks - 580L - 211 Words
• Walt Whitman 590L - 200 Words
• Heart Talk - 590L - 198 Words
• From Cocoon to Butterfly - 590L - 208 Words
• Fairy Tales - 590L - 201 Words
• Dolphins - 600L - 205 Words
• Bacteria - 600L - 204 Words
• Understanding Weather - 630L - 209 Words
• Birds of Prey - 630L - 201 Words
• The Power of Wind - 640L - 196 Words
• Lewis Carroll - 690L - 198 Words
Click here to follow me and be notified when I have sales and list new products.