Also included in
- Do you want a full year's worth of reading comprehension and reading fluency resources? These ready-to-use, no-prep reading resources include reading fluency and comprehension passages, paired texts, close reading, and reading comprehension strategies that you can use throughout the whole school yePrice $120.00Original Price $171.50Save $51.50
- Save over 20% by buying the reading fluency and comprehension bundle! You will get 150 reading fluency and comprehension passages at the first through fifth grade level, (75 fiction and 75 nonfiction). Each passage is leveled and falls between 250L to 970L. All passages have between 145 and 281 wPrice $60.00Original Price $75.00Save $15.00
These third grade reading fluency and comprehension passages contain 30 ready-to-print passages (15 fiction and 15 nonfiction). Each leveled passage is in the 520L and 830L range and has between 196 and 222 words. Use the comprehension questions to assess understanding after the students read the text!
*UPDATE* You can now share this with your students digitally!
This resource was created using Google Forms. You must have a Google email for use. Each passage can be assigned in Google Classrooms. It is ideal for distance learning. I also include the print file so you can have a physical copy of the pages when you are back in school with your students.
Each passage contains five components -
- A teacher passage with numbered columns and a chart to record words correct and errors daily.
- A student copy that has a larger font for the students to read off of while you record on the teacher's sheet.
- A reading comprehension sheet that contains three questions in a short answer format. This would be perfect for any reading interventions (RTI) you are conducting in your classroom.
- Graphs for the students to record their cold and hot read in blue or red so they can keep track of their progress.
- A weekly parent reading log will help parents practice and record the fluency passage practice at home.
For sample Reading Fluency Passages, click HERE
This resource is also available for
Below are the titles of the passages, level, and word count.
• Let’s Play Ball - 530L - 222 words
• Stan the Lonely Snake - 540L - 208 words
• Alien in my Cereal - 580L - 202 words
• Monster in my Closet - 630L - 207 words
• The Haunted House - 650L - 203 words
• Detective Melon - 670L - 214 words
• The Sleepy Giant - 680L - 207 words
• Dog Days - 730L - 202 words
• The Shore - 730L - 206 words
• The Sad Story of Snuffles - 770L - 217 words
• Goodnight Farm - 780L - 210 words
• The Forest Princess - 790L - 215 words
• The Garden - 810L - 203 words
• The Storm - 820L - 198 words
• Cry in the Night - 840L - 198 words
• Pioneer Days - 700L - 204 words
• Egyptian Mummies - 710L - 205 words
• Honey Bees - 770L - 213 words
• The Incredible Killer Whale - 780L - 202 words
• Black Bears and Grizzly Bears - 790L - 196 words
• Bearded Dragons - 790L - 206 words
• Maple Syrup - 800L - 215 words
• Lightning - 810L - 205 words
• Earthworms - 810L - 213 words
• Ghost Stories - 810L - 202 words
• Endangered Animals - 810L - 206 words
• Owls - 810L - 222 words
• Arctic Wolf - 820L - 201 words
• Wetland Wonders - 820L - 204 words
• Sea Turtles - 830L - 207 words
Click here to follow me and be notified when I have sales and list new products.