Third grade reading fluency and comprehension questions - 15 fiction and 15 nonfiction. Each passage is between the levels of 520L and 830L. All passages have between 196 and 222 words.
For sample Reading Fluency Passages, click HERE
Each passage contains three components - A teacher passage with numbered columns and a chart to record words correct and errors daily. There is also a student copy which has larger font for the students to read off of while you record on the teacher's sheet. Lastly, there is a reading comprehension sheet that contains three questions in a short answer format. This would be perfect for any reading interventions (RTI) you are conducting in your classroom.
I also included graphs for the students to record their cold and hot read in blue or red so they can keep track of their progress.
My weekly parent reading log will help parents practice and record the fluency passage practice at home.
This resources is also available for
These are the titles of the passages, level, and word count.
• Let’s Play Ball - 530L - 222 words
• Stan the Lonely Snake - 540L - 208 words
• Alien in my Cereal - 580L - 202 words
• Monster in my Closet - 630L - 207 words
• The Haunted House - 650L - 203 words
• Detective Melon - 670L - 214 words
• The Sleepy Giant - 680L - 207 words
• Dog Days - 730L - 202 words
• The Shore - 730L - 206 words
• The Sad Story of Snuffles - 770L - 217 words
• Goodnight Farm - 780L - 210 words
• The Forest Princess - 790L - 215 words
• The Garden - 810L - 203 words
• The Storm - 820L - 198 words
• Cry in the Night - 840L - 198 words
• Pioneer Days - 700L - 204 words
• Egyptian Mummies - 710L - 205 words
• Honey Bees - 770L - 213 words
• The Incredible Killer Whale - 780L - 202 words
• Black Bears and Grizzly Bears - 790L - 196 words
• Bearded Dragons - 790L - 206 words
• Maple Syrup - 800L - 215 words
• Lightning - 810L - 205 words
• Earthworms - 810L - 213 words
• Ghost Stories - 810L - 202 words
• Endangered Animals - 810L - 206 words
• Owls - 810L - 222 words
• Arctic Wolf - 820L - 201 words
• Wetland Wonders - 820L - 204 words
• Sea Turtles - 830L - 207 words