Set of 9 posters explaining 8 different strategies for students to use when practising reading fluency.
The Set Includes:
1. RATE - Read at the right speed. Read like you talk.
2. PUNCTUATION - Pay attention to the punctuation marks. Know when to pause.
3. RESPOND TO TEXT MARKERS - Look for words in bold, italics, colours underlined, or in CAPITALS
4. USE EMPHASIS - Choose words to emphasise. Change the volume, pitch or speed.
5.CHARACTERS - Change your voice to suit characters. Look for expression clues like yelled, sighed, asked.
6. PHRASING - Read smoothly. Group words together as you read.
7. PITCH - Change the pitch. Go down at the end of sentences, up at the end of questions.
8. MOOD - Make your voice sound dramatic, sad, suspenseful or silly!