Also included in
- Fluency reading interventions for short vowels (cvc), long vowels (cvce), and initial L blends are in this bundle. These three sets of fluency sentences are the perfect next step after single word fluency, but before reading passages. Great for first grade students as instruction, practice, or int$10.50$14.75Save $4.25
Here’s a versatile set of sentence strips for students struggling with reading fluency. Do your students need to work on sentence fluency with initial blends? Do you have a limited time period to work on fluency, comprehension, phonics, and sight words?
These Fluency Sentences Blends sentence strips are a great next step between single-word flashcards and longer reading passages.
Students read 5 to 7-word sentences that have two target words in each. This set targets initial blends bl, cl, fl, gl, pl, and sl. The rest of the words are sight words or easy to decode. As with any resource, preview it before using it to see if there are any vocabulary words your particular students might not be familiar with, and then pre-teach or assist with pronouncing them.
While these sentence strips are designed to use as an independent Read and Write the Room activity, many teachers use them for instruction, intervention, and practice in :
- guided reading groups as quick warm-ups
- progress monitoring for IEP goals
- tutoring or after school programs
- task cards at a writing center
- place them in a sensory bin and have the students find them and record them on the response sheets.
- For individualized use with students on the autism spectrum or other developmental delays, set up the desired number of cards in a workbox.
- The cards can also be attached to a file folder with hook and loop tape and used as an individualized file folder activity.
To use as a Read and Write the Room activity, hang the sentence cards in various spots in your classroom. Your students then read the room and record using one of the three differentiated response sheets.
Each card has a sentence with two target words.
- 12 cards for initial bl
- 12 cards for initial cl
- 12 cards for initial fl
- 12 cards for initial gl
- 12 cards for initial pl
- 12 cards for initial sl
- answer sheets for each set
- 3 differentiated response sheets to copy and write, list, or illustrate.
- 144 vocabulary cards for each of the targeted short vowel words
Be sure to check the PREVIEW for examples.
More Fluency Sentences resources:
More Write the Room resources:
Click HERE to follow my store. You will receive emails from TPT about my new and updated resources. Please remember to rate products for TpT credits. Credits can be used toward your future purchases on TpT. Go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
Your ratings are helpful when creating new products and I can also update any current product based on your feedback. My hope is that you are 100% satisfied and feel you can give the product a 5-star rating. If not, please send me a question/comment if there is something I can help you with. Thanks so much for your purchases, ratings, and following my PlayLearnTeach store.
Please follow me on social media for notices of new products, freebies, and sales. ~Denise
PlayLearnTeach on Facebook
PlayLearnTeach on Instagram
PlayLearnTeach on Pinterest