Reading Fluency in a Flash 3rd Grade December • Digital Fluency Mini Lessons
Also included in
- Fluency in a Flash! This resource is year of weekly 5-day interactive PowerPoint mini lessons that can be done in just a few minutes every day with no prep from you! You’ll love how easy it is to implement these lessons in your +daily routine with only a few minutes needed! Your students will love tPrice $27.96Original Price $59.50Save $31.54
- 3rd Grade Fluency in a Flash + 3rd Grade SEASONAL Fluency in a Flash Bundle! This is a MEGA bundle of everyday and seasonally themed reading fluency mini lessons for 3rd Grade. Read on below to learn about Fluency in a Flash and what is contained in this mega bundle.This is a bundle of:3rd Grade FluPrice $39.96Original Price $91.00Save $51.04
Fluency in a Flash! This is a 5 week set of non-seasonal reading fluency mini lessons for December in 3rd Grade. This resource is a weekly 5-day interactive PowerPoint mini lesson that can be done in just a few minutes every day with no prep from you! You’ll love how easy it is to implement these lessons in your daily routine with only a few minutes needed! Your students will love these interactive and engaging mini-lessons.
Please note: You MUST have PowerPoint on a desktop device to use this resource. It is NOT compatible with Google Slides, Keynote, or Powerpoint for Ipad. This resource is digital only and is not designed to be printed. The files will open directly into Powerpoint show mode to protect the complicated animations and links.
Need more fluency resources for 3rd grade? You may also be interested in our companion resource:
What is Fluency in a Flash?
The Fluency in a Flash program is a brief, targeted routine for practicing reading fluency daily. Each day of the week focuses on a specific fluency skill and can be completed in 2 or 3 minutes.
Simply project the day’s lesson on your board and guide your students through the activity. Offer feedback on how they’re reading and, if time allows, give them the opportunity to complete an extension activity and self-assess their reading fluency.
When we help students recognize words effortlessly and teach them to read with appropriate expression and phrasing, we’re allowing them to access texts in a more meaningful way. Reading fluency is the key to unlocking the magic of reading.
What does a week of 3rd Grade Fluency in a Flash look like?
- Monday - Fantastic Phrases: Students practice reading sight word phrases with fluency to learn how fluent readers group words into meaningful phrases.
- Tuesday - Emphatically Speaking: Students read the same sentence multiple times, but emphasize a different word with each read.
- Wednesday - In Other Words: Students practice reading the same sentence with 3 different emotional tones.
- Thursday - Crowd Karaoke: Divide your students into 2 groups and practice choral reading a short poem. At the end, students have the chance to read the poem to a fun musical beat.
- Friday - Tongue Twister: Students challenge themselves to read silly sentences 3 times fast. (Spoiler alert: your students will love this!)
What 3rd Grade December Fluency in a Flash contain?
3rd Grade December Fluency in a Flash contains 5 weeks of daily interactive powerpoint mini-lessons. We provide 5 weeks so you always have enough!
At the end of each day, we also offer a quick optional extension practice activity and opportunity for students to self-assess how well they used the components of fluent reading.
We also include a paper-free teachers guide that can be easily accessed within the file as needed.
Looking for more Fluency resources? Check out all our fluency resources.
Join our Facebook Group to see more about this program and ask questions!
Connect with us! • Second Story Window • Facebook • Twitter • Pinterest