Also included in
- This Back to School Essentials bundle is made especially for school librarians working with students in Grades 3-8! Perfect for new and new-ish school librarians, this bundle includes everything you need to start your school year like a pro!***Save 30% with the bundle!***There so much in this bundle$189.70$271.00Save $81.30
Remember all those magazine quizzes we took as teens? This reading personality test is styled after those quizzes. Students LOVE this activity! It's a fun, no-prep way to help students identify which reading genres are best for them.
It's about 10 minutes long, but it shows all major parts of the MS/HS version. I also talk about how I've used it in my own libraries.
It's 15 minutes long and shows all major pieces of the product. It also includes tips and tricks I used when my own elementary students took the quiz.
The two versions are similar, but they are not the same. There are differences in the answer choices, some Personality Profiles, two Personalities are completely different.
- --72 slides total, all
- . One side is the Genre Personality description; the other side is a list of recommended book titles; sorted by age group (early elementary, upper-elementary, middle school, high school and beyond). All the bookmarks are in PowerPoint. Editable PDF is of each is also included. (72 pages, editable)
- --Students can write their answers on the printable as they take the PPT quiz. Includes 3-page quiz and 1-page "My Genre Personality" Reflections sheet. (8 pages; PDF and Google Slides versions; ; the Reflections Sheet also includes a Google Forms version)
- -- This is a larger version of the bookmarks, but it also includes color illustrations. All suggested book titles are editable, so you can make the recommendations fit your library. Includes Grades K-3, Grades 3-6, middle school, and high school and beyond Profiles (48 pages, PDF and Google Slides; )
- --Detailed, step-by-step instructions for prep, Day 1, Day 2, and after Day 2. Includes digital and face-to-face lesson plans. (9 pages, PDF; )
- --4 pages each for MS/HS and ES (8 pages, )
- --Needed if you use the printable quiz. The PowerPoint includes separate slides for each Genre Personality (2 pages, )
Both versions include 11 personality questions, but the elementary version has simpler language and includes some modified answer choices. For example, "The Amigue" genre personality for secondary is "The Bestie" (focusing on friendship rather than romance and friendship) for elementary.
- The Questioner
- The Escapist
- The Innovator
- The Realist
- The Erudite
- The Thrill-Seeker
- The Comedian
- The Bestie (elementary only)
- The Amigue (MS/HS only)
- The Hero (elementary only)
- The Activist (MS/HS only)
- The Artist
- The Sports Fan
- The Naturalist
- Right now, you would rather be...
- You read because...
- You love movies that...
- Pick a career...
- Choose a place...
- You'd like to meet...
- Which sounds interesting...
- Pick a pet...
- Pick some clothes...
- What's in your backpack?
- Which emojis appeal to you most?
Each Genre Personality is described on its own slide at the end. Multiple genre recommendations are given for each genre personality.
- Elementary version recommended for: Grades 3-6
- Secondary version recommended for: Grades 6-10
- 72 PPT slides + 72 Google Slides
- : 147
- : computer + projector + screen or wall (to use the PowerPoint), copier, paper if using the printable quiz, Google Classroom if distance learning
- : pen or pencil + one piece of paper; Google Classroom if distance learning
- : 2 lessons of 45 minutes each (you could delete 2-3 questions if you have less time)
Please click the green button above to see additional details about each product in this bundle. You can also click on each product to read even more details.
Still have a question? Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask a question through the TPT Q&A.
I regularly add new products for school librarians and English teachers to my store.
and receive notifications of when new products are posted. All new products are 50% off for the first 48 hours.