Also included in
- Remember all those magazine quizzes we took as teens? This reading personality test is styled after those quizzes. Students LOVE this activity! It's a fun, no-prep way to help students identify which reading genres are best for them. Click here to watch a video demo of the MS/HS version on YouTube.$27.00$30.00Save $3.00
- This bundle includes the "What's Your Genre Personality?" Quiz and the Genre Personality poster set for elementary (Grades 3-6). It's perfect for back-to-school and helping readers of all abilities find the books that suit them best. Includes digital.Click to see a video demo of the PPT quiz (YouTub$27.00$30.00Save $3.00
- Preparing to genrefy your library? This Genre Bundle includes posters, labels, signs, and four activities that will get students thinking about which genres best fit them! Most text is editable.Save 10% when you buy the bundle!FAST FACTS:Recommended for: Grades 3-6Duration: There are four lessons in$53.10$59.00Save $5.90
- This Back to School Essentials bundle is made especially for school librarians working with students in Grades 3-8! Perfect for new and new-ish school librarians, this bundle includes everything you need to start your school year like a pro!***Save 30% with the bundle!***There so much in this bundle$193.20$276.00Save $82.80
- This Back to School Essentials bundle is made especially for school librarians working with students in Grades 3-6! Perfect for new and new-ish school librarians, this bundle includes everything you need to start your school year like a pro!*Save 30% with the bundle! There so much in this bundle--ov$163.10$233.00Save $69.90
Remember all those magazine quizzes we took as teens? This reading personality test is styled after those quizzes. Students LOVE this activity! This version is designed to help students in Grades 3-6 identify which reading genres are best for them.
- Recommended for: Grades 3-6
- Formats: PPT, Google Slides, PDF
- Number of pages: 114
- Technology Requirements: computer + projector + screen, copier, paper, Google Classroom if digital
- Student supplies: pen or pencil + one piece of paper OR printable quiz
- Lesson Duration: 2 lessons of 35-45 minutes each (you could skip 2-3 questions if you have less time)
- -- Walks students through questions about their own personalities, likes, dislikes, and preferences. Includes scoring directions and all 12 Genre Personality profiles. No prep is needed other than printing the quiz for students to follow along, if desired. Many slides are illustrated in color. Includes full directions for teacher and students. The Google Slides version is interactive. (36 PPT and Google Slides, all quiz answers are editable)
- --Students can write their answers on the printable as they take the PPT quiz. Includes 3-page quiz and 1-page "My Genre Personality" Reflections sheet. (4-PDF and Google Slides version; editable in PowerPoint; the Reflections Sheet also includes a Google Forms version)
- -- One side is the Genre Personality description; the other side is a list of recommended book titles; sorted by age group (early elementary and upper-elementary). All the bookmarks are fully editable with PowerPoint. PDF is of each is also included. (36 pages, editable)
- -- This is a larger version of the bookmarks, but it also includes color illustrations. All suggested book titles are editable, so you can make the recommendations fit your library. Includes K-3 and 3-6 Profiles (24 pages, book titles are editable)
- --Detailed, step-by-step instructions for prep, Day 1, Day 2, and after Day 2. Includes digital and face-to-face lesson plans. (9 pages, not editable)
- --Four cards per page. These will tell students what their Personalities are based on their answers. (1 page, not editable)
- --These are great to hand out to students and parents who want a small copy of their Genre Personality Profile (4 pages, not editable)
Want a closer look? Click the PREVIEW button at the top of this page. There are many more features not in the thumbnails.
- The Questioner
- The Escapist
- The Innovator
- The Realist
- The Erudite
- The Thrill-Seeker
- The Comedian
- The Bestie
- The Hero
- The Artist
- The Sports Fan
- The Naturalist
- Right now, you would rather be...
- You read because...
- You love movies that...
- Pick a career...
- Choose a place...
- You'd like to meet...
- Which sounds interesting...
- Pick a pet...
- Pick some clothes...
- What's in your backpack?
- Which emoji best represents you?
Each genre personality is described on its own slide at the end if the PowerPoint. If you are using the printable quiz, you will need to give students the answer cards so they can determine their genre personality.
- What's Your Genre Personality? (secondary version, grades 6-10)
- What's Your Genre Personality? (Double Bundle--includes both elementary and secondary versions)
- What Mystery Genre Character Are You? Quiz
- Shelf Labels for Genrefied Libraries
Please click the green button above to see additional details about what's included.
Still have a question? Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask a question through the TPT Q&A.
I regularly add new products for school librarians and English teachers to my store.
and receive notifications of when new products are posted. All new products are 50% off for the first 48 hours.