Reading Genre Posters and Challenge Classroom Library ELA Décor Bulletin Board
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This set is the perfect classroom decor set to help you build a community of readers this school year. With everything you need to display a love of books and reading in your classroom, your students will be reading a wide range of genres and hooked on reading in no time!These posters work double duPrice $12.50Original Price $17.00Save $4.50
Looking to decorate your classroom library with meaningful classroom decor to help students understand and differentiate between the reading genres? These informative and cheerful reading genre posters are just what your students need to help them read and understand a wide range of genres!
Leave these posters and bulletin board display up all year long to promote student independence and help them as they shop for books in your classroom library.
Powerpoint of posters are included to guide your discussion and introduction to the genres and your classroom library.
Two size options are included: full page size and half-page size. A variety of headers are also included to sort the different genes into fiction and nonfiction categories.
These posters come in color and black and white to meet your needs!
This set also includes activities to get your students reflecting and thinking like a reader: a student reference page, student reading reflection/inventory, genre basket challenge, and a note-taking sheet!
With open-ended frequent reader punch cards you can help your students love and read a variety of genres to help balance their reading diets!
Grab the coordinating ELA Cursive Alphabet!
Please see the preview for a closer look at everything included in this set!
- Teacher Suggestions, Picture Book Suggestions for Each Genre, Printing Tips
- Powerpoint Slideshow of Posters to Introduce the Reading Genres
- Student Note-Taking Sheet
- Student Reference Page in 2 sizes
- Student Reading Inventory
- Reading Genre Find It! Challenge Activity
- Student Reading Log
- Balanced Reader Diet Card and Anchor Chart (with editable card option)
- Posters In 2 Sizes: Full Page and Notebook Friendly Size in both color and BW
- Easy Cut Bulletin Board Letters to Say: Let’s Read!
- Reading Genre Headers
- Reading Genre Anchor Chart
- Color and BW Posters are included in 2 Sizes for the following:
Reading Genres, Adventure, Anthology, Autobiography
Biography, Drama, Fables, Fairytales, Fantasy
Fiction, Folklore, Graphic Novels, Historical Fiction, Horror
Humor, Informational, Mystery, Myths and Legends, Nonfiction, Poetry
Realistic Fiction, Science Fiction, Short Story, Tall Tales, Traditional Literature
Recent feedback on this resource:
"This is an excellent resource for students that are grasping genres! They can refer to this as they’re picking books to make sure they’re getting something to read they’ll enjoy! The explanations are perfect!"
"Another great visual tool to help assist students looking for both new types of stories as well as stories that are similar to ones they love."
"I absolutely love these posters! As a first year teacher, I have been looking for room decor that is both affordable and informative. These were perfect! They are appealing and a great reference for students."
"These posters are part of an on-going bulletin board in my classroom. These poster are high quality and highly engaging for my students. They refer to them often on the bulletin board."
If you are having any issues printing this product please read these helpful directions: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Help/General-Technical-FAQ/What-if-my-file-isn-t-printing-correctly
Have a set? I can't wait to see them in your classroom! Tag me in your pictures on Instagram @thinkgrowgiggle
You might also be interested in:
- Year Long Reading Strategies Bundle
- Nonfiction Strategy Posters
- Themes in Literature Posters
- Growth Mindset Posters
Follow me by clicking the green star at the top of my store page for notifications of new products and sales. Remember new products are always 50% off the first 24 hours!
Subscribe to my blog for engaging teaching ideas and exclusive freebies!
Follow me on Instagram for behind the scenes views of Think Grow Giggle:
Think Grow Giggle on Instagram
Follow me on Pinterest for more teaching ideas:
Think Grow Giggle on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook for teaching ideas and flash freebies:
Questions? Email me at ThinkGrowGiggleShop@gmail.com