These reading goal setting sheets will help you and your students establish, monitor, and track independent reading goals. This pack is designed to help set up and track two goals: the number of books read within a goal period and additional personalized goals. Check out the description below and preview to learn more! Editable pages are included so you can customize the pages to meet your classroom’s needs (fillable PDFs and blank pages that allow you to type directly into a preexisting textbox)
PLEASE CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW!
Here’s what’s included:
1. Individual Goal Setting Sheet –3 options included: fiction/nonfiction, chapter/picture, general goal. Also includes section to record progress with date, number of books read, and number of books needed. Fillable PDF so you can type in student information quickly. Blank editable version included as well.
2. Personalized Reading Plan – Students generate 3 additional goals of their choice.
3. Data Tracking Sheet – Students track the number of books read on a bar graph. 4 options included: 11 month graph (Aug. – June), 5 week graph, 6 week graph, and 9 week graph. Blank editable version of each included as well.
4. Bookshelf (Additional tracking sheet)– Students track the books they’ve read by filling in a bookshelf. Editable version included.
5. Books to Read Sheet – Students record the name of books they would like to read next on a library cart. Editable version included.
6. Incentive Menu – Students select an incentive of their choice when goals are met. Editable version included.
7. AR Quiz log - students record Accelerated Reader quiz data. (NEW)
8. "Tracking My Progress" Divider (NEW)
1. Class at a Glance Goal Setting Sheet – 3 options included: fiction/nonfiction, chapter/picture, general goal.Fillable PDF form so you can type in student information. Blank editable version included as well.
2. Book Conference Sheets – 2 options included: Weekly sheet with space to record notes Monday – Friday and a general sheet that can be used over a longer period of time.
3. Book Check In – Monitor and make comments about students’ reading habits and book selections.