Products in this Bundle (7)
showing 1-5 of 7 products
Do you want your students to think critically, thoughtfully, and reflectively about what they are reading? Are you in need of a way to scaffold literary analysis and reading comprehension? This huge reading graphic organizers bundle contains graphic activities that you can use with any literature or informational text to increase engagement and meet students where they are.
This resource bundle is aligned with Common Core Reading Literature and Informational Texts standards for middle and high school. Use the reading activities included with literature circles, literacy centers, stations, small group, or whole-class activities. They can also be used with reading workshop, during read alouds,
This reading graphic organizers resource is designed so that you can differentiate by readiness level and so that you can provide choice. Select high-interest pieces for students to read, or let them engage in analysis and comprehension conversations with you during reading conference or guided reading time. Use them to move students from mini-lessons to guided reading groups to independent application.
Each resource contained in this bundle is geared toward a different type of text.
- Analyzing Fiction and Nonfiction Texts
- includes an introductory lesson, scaffolded whole-class assignments, a pre-and post-assessment, text suggestions, and seven graphic organizers for a variety of genres, including commercials, songs, fiction, nonfiction, poems, movies, and paired texts
- leads into an optional literary analysis essay
- Analytical Poetry Graphic Organizers
- includes graphic organizers for figurative language, author's craft, and diction, an example poem analysis, and an optional literary analysis choice writing assignment that extends from the graphic organizer activities
- Summarizing Nonfiction Texts
- includes an introductory lesson for objective summary writing, four scaffolded summarizing activities and graphic organizers, a quiz, and text suggestions
- Scaffolded Informational Texts Activities
- three scaffolded activities and graphic organizers that you can use with any text to lead students from basic comprehension to more of a critical reading lens approach to literary analysis
- Reading Comprehension Activities for Fiction or Nonfiction
- 20 simplified reading comprehension graphic organizers that relate to critical reading skills and ELA standards for both fiction and nonfiction texts
- Graphic Organizers for any Short Story
- help students develop their narrative and literary element understanding through 7 visually . appealing graphic organizers for any short story or narrative novel that directly align with Common Core standards
- Build a Reading Guide for any Short Story or Narrative Novel
- encourage students to dig deeper through these scaffolded graphic organizers and activities that break down reading literature standards into bite size chunks in order to foster deeper thinking and better understanding of fictional texts
Check out the previews of each product included in this reading graphic organizers bundle for more information, and make sure to download the Teacher Note, included as the bonus file for this reading comprehension and analysis resource.
*Please note that the resources included in this bundle are mostly secured PDFs for print use.
Looking for more scaffolded activities to make complex tasks attainable for all secondary students? Try these:
If you are interested in additional reading resources to use with any text, you may like:
And more here!
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales and new products!
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases...bonus! Plus, I'd love to hear from you.
©Reading and Writing Haven
All rights reserved by author.
Duplication limited to single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.