Reading Graphic Organizers Fiction and Non-Fiction Grades 6, 7, 8
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- All of my reading resources (for literature and nonfiction) are included in this mega growing bundle! You can use these activities with ANY book, story, or nonfiction text. (Excluding resources that are specific to novels, stories, or authors.)The zipped download includes the following teaching matePrice $171.68Original Price $245.25Save $73.57
- Custom bundle for Kathleen CookThank you!-TraceePrice $61.80Original Price $82.50Save $20.70
- This is a bundle of my Common Core Standards Graphic Organizers for ELA Reading Literature and Informational Texts BUNDLE for Grades 6-12 *UPDATED Aug. 2014: Now contains over 175 organizers! Perfect for Reader's Notebooks.*Do you need to implement the Common Core Standards into your curriculum? ThePrice $18.20Original Price $26.00Save $7.80
- Common Core Organizers & Activities BUNDLE for Grades 6, 7, 8 This bundle contains the following individual products (in their entirety): READING: Common Core Reading (Literature and Informational Texts) Activities and Graphic Organizers for Any Text Grades 6, 7, 8 *Newly Updated with 50 addPrice $46.00Original Price $57.50Save $11.50
Common Core Standards Graphic Organizers for Reading Notebooks Grades 6, 7, 8 - Use with Any Fiction & Informational Texts NEWLY UPDATED! This bundle of organizers has 50 new pages added! Total of 92 organizers, plus 10 bonus pages.
EDITABLE ORGANIZERS HERE:
Google Drive Literature Graphic Organizers (Common Core Aligned)
**If you teach multiple grade levels, purchase the set for the highest grade level you teach. You do not need to purchase both the 6,7,8 and 9-10 packs. The 9-10 builds on the 6,7,8 and the 11-12 builds on the 9-10 pack.**
This IS included in the following bundles:
• Common Core Bundle for Grades 6, 7, 8
• Common Core Standards Reading Literature & Nonfiction/Informational Graphic Organizers Bundle for Grades 6-12
Do you need to implement the Common Core Standards into your curriculum? These graphic organizers are written for each individual anchor standard for Reading Literature and Reading Informational texts, grades 6, 7, and 8, and will work for any piece of fiction or non-fiction: short stories, plays, novels, poems, historical text, historical fiction, etc.. Just select an organizer for the work you are reading (or works you are comparing) to practice that particular standard/skill. They are all labeled clearly with each standard.
Skills practiced in the organizers include: inference (inferring), complex character analysis, theme and plot development, compare/contrast two different works of same subject matter, understanding of cultural experiences, figurative language meaning and purpose, connotative meaning, point of view, role of character, understanding author's purpose and choices, how language affects the tone and meaning, how an author uses allusions, comparison of historical fiction and non-fiction, comparison of a novel or work to its movie or another medium, allusions, impact of sound devices in a work, and reading comprehension.
Students in advanced classes in 4th-5th grades or special ed./special needs students in high school could also utilize these worksheets.
If you DON'T use the Common Core State Standards, but still want this collection of graphic organizers WITHOUT the standards listed on each page, you can purchase that bundle here:
Reading Nonfiction & Fiction Graphic Organizers for Grades 6, 7, 8
A multi-user site license is available. It is perfect for entire English and history departments who need to implement the common core standards into their curriculum. Click on the license button and choose how many you need to purchase. You will get the additional copies for a reduced price.
For high school teachers:
Common Core Standards Graphic Organizers for ELA Reading Grades 9-10
Common Core Standards Graphic Organizers for ELA Reading Grades 11-12
Purchase all three at a discount here:
Common Core Standards Reading Lit & Non-Fiction Graphic Organizers Bundle for Grades 6-12
You might like:
ELA Common Core State Standards Checklists for Grades 6, 7, and 8 here
Common Core Standards Reading Graphic Organizers for History/Social Studies (RH) Grades 6-12
Common Core Standards Reading Graphic Organizers for Science & Technical Subjects (RST) Grades 6-12
Created by Tracee Orman
The CCSS are © Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
All images/clipart used in the download are public domain and/or an altered form of a public domain image by Tracee Orman.