This Treasure Box of Reading Minilessons is designed to examine nonfiction text features and navigate a nonfiction text. These minilessons will lead readers to explore and understand how to navigate Informational texts to gain meaning and understanding about a variety of topics while examining different text features.
Included are minilessons for...
Key Teaching Points:
• Features of nonfiction texts
• Reading with a question in mind
• Using the coding strategy to annotate the text
• Determining main ideas of a text (VIP strategy)
• Read, Stop and React
• Creating mental images in nonfiction text
• Creating mental images to react to nonfiction text
• Reading and interpreting graphic and visual aids
• Using vocabulary to summarize understanding (Key Word Strategy)
This product is also part of my Reading Workshop Curriculum Bundle.
You might also be interested in these other Reading Units of Study...
As always, if you plan to share this product with other education professionals, additional licenses MUST be purchased for each individual using the product. Additional licenses are available for purchase on this product page.
Any feedback you give regarding this product will be greatly appreciated.
Please click the green star to follow me and to never miss when new products are added to my store.
Please visit my literacy blog at www.LiteracyTreasures.com for tips, tricks and strategies to use within your literacy instruction.
You can also find me at…
Website Literacy Treasures
Facebook Literacy Treasures