Also included in
- Reading interactive notebooks are an engaging way to practice the 4th and 5th grade reading standards and a perfect opportunity to create an anchor for students' learnings.In this Reading Interactive Bundle, you will get:1. Reading Interactive Notebook :This is an interactive notebook resource (with$9.00$13.00Save $4.00
Do you need a way to review your reading skills? Or to "anchor them" as you teach them in an interactive notebook for students to reference? This reading notebook is just what you need!
Now includes a Google Classroom version in a flipbook format for distance learning or digital reading practice!
This is a reading interactive notebook resource (with texts) for the literature and informational reading standards for 4th and 5th grade.
Note: This does not include a page for RL.10 or RI.10 as these standards are embedded throughout all the texts.
- Each standard has one page (with the exception of the paired texts which have two pages) with a text specifically written for that standard.
- There are also 2-3 questions with the text that specifically address the standard.
I created this resource to provide specific and student-friendly practice for each reading standard. The texts are short so that the students can focus on understanding and practicing the skills. This resource is prefect for initially introducing and teaching the standards. The students can refer back to the notebook to see how they answered specific questions.
****There are two versions in this file: the original version written for 5th grade standards and a modified version for 4th grade standards.
Includes a page for these skills:
- Making Inferences (Literature)
- Compare and Contrast Story Elements (Describing in the 4th Grade Version)
- Figurative Language (Allusions in the 4th Grade Version)
- Types of Text
- Point of View
- Stories in the Same Genre
- Making Inferences (Informational)
- Main Idea
- Exploring Connections
- Academic Words
- Text Structure
- Multiple Accounts
- Using Digital Sources
- Using Print Sources
- Reasons and Evidence
- Integrating Information
- I have also created four different reflection sheets that you may choose to use for the output aspect of an interactive notebook.
- The reflection sheets have a variety of questions and ways for the students to reflect and show what they have learned.
- I do recommend that these initially be completed together as a class or models be shown to help the students through the process if they are not used to reflecting on their learning.
- The reflection sheets are NOT included in the google classroom version.
Need More Reading Resources for 4th and 5th Grade?