Reading Intervention Program- No Prep Curriculum
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This is a HUGE bundle of my No Prep Writing Curriculum and No Prep Reading Intervention Curriculum. This is perfect for both distance learning and in-person learning. This is perfect if you need a special education curriculum or if you need a complete intervention program. The description for eachPrice $126.70Original Price $181.00Save $54.30
Do you have kids who are struggling to read fluently? This reading intervention program is what you need. It is based on the science of reading and uses a new strategy called the Explicit Syllable Strategy™. The Explicit Syllable Strategy™ is the secret to helping students decode multi-syllable words. All texts used in this reading program have been marked up using The Explicit Syllable Strategy™ which will allow your students to begin chunking words so they can read them fluently.
It can be used as a supplement to what you are already doing or it can be used as a complete curriculum. This is a no-prep, all-inclusive program just for you. All you need to do is print and you are ready to go. If you are a Google Classroom, you can also assign it to your class. This file has been updated to include teacher lessons and student workbook materials as Google Slides.
**** Highlights ****
-No-Prep (Print and DIgital versions included)
-Follows the principles of the Science of Reading
-Materials look age-appropriate
-No babyish drawings/clip-art
-Grade levels are not posted
-Closes the learning gap
Designed for :
- 3rd-5th grade students
- Students who know most of their letter sounds
- Students who cannot read fluently
- Students who are tired of babyish texts, but struggle to read
- Specific Teacher Directions
- Teacher Presentation Book Print Version (lesson plans)
- Teacher Presentation Book Google Slides Version
- Student Workbook print version
- Student Workbook Google Slides Version
- Answer Key (Print Version)
- 51 Lessons
- Phonemic Awareness
***Updated June 2020 to include a digital version that can be used to display in the classroom or use for distance learning.***
Lessons 1-20 Students have a new text/topic each day. Lessons 21-26 students read the same text for two days. Comprehension questions are different for each day. Day 2 lessons include a question designed for an extended written response. Lessons 27-47 students spend 3 days on each text. Day 1 focuses is on background building and phonics. Days 2-3 are spent reading the text. Comprehension questions are different for each day. Lessons 48-51 are in one long text. Students only read part of the text each day. The lessons follow the same format as before except the text is chunked into smaller parts so students aren't overwhelmed with the amount of reading required for each day.
Download the preview to see lesson 16.
You may be interested in my No Prep Writing Curriculum. It's perfect for students who struggle with writing. (No Prep Writing Curriculum has also been updated to include a Google Slides version in addition to the print version.)
The Explicit Syllable Strategy™ is owned and created by One Room Schoolhouse.