Reading Intervention Short Vowel Fluency Centers & Phonics Worksheets
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This MEGA bundle is a compilation of the activities I use during reading groups & reading intervention. It’s jam-packed with great ideas to help your little learners become stronger readers! You can use these activities before, during, or after reading groups. Directions for each unit are includPrice $230.00Original Price $280.50Save $50.50
- A complete CVC toolkit! Help your students practice segmenting, blending, reading, and writing CVC words with these fun activities! Phonics instruction has never been so much fun. Each activity is designed to engage your kindergarten students while they practice decoding and encoding CVC words. ThisPrice $60.00Original Price $98.00Save $38.00
These CVC word phonics intervention activities are a FUN & EXCITING way to help your students practice reading, building, and writing short vowel CVC words! Your kindergarten students can practice reading and writing short vowel CVC words as they progress to decoding short vowel words with blends. These easy to prep, engaging centers and activities follow a predictable structure for each short vowel sound.
♥ BUNDLE AND SAVE ♥
Save over 30% with the CVC Words Mega Bundle and get engaging reading activities to use all year long!
This LOW PREP activity pack has everything you need to set your students up for reading success. Perfect for whole group instruction, small group, reading intervention, literacy centers, and independent practice.
- Suggestions and instructions for use
- 40 short vowel practice activities
- Reading practice for short a, e, i, o, and u
- Hands-on centers and games
♥ Activities Included For Each Short Vowel:
- Reading and Writing Practice Pages
Students read the short vowel words, then trace and write the word. Students then sound out each letter as they trace and write. Laminate to use again and again!
- Reading, Writing, and Drawing Pages
Students read each word write it, stamp it using alphabet stamps, and draw a picture of the word.
- Roll, Read, & Cover Short Vowel Words
Laminate page. Make some letter dice for the activity. Have your students roll on a letter die and one number die, read the word, and cover it with a small object or color it in with dry-erase markers.
- “I Have, Who Has” Whole Group or Small Group Game
Students will practice reading words around the room. Students will read the card and look for the next person.
- Build a Word Pocket Chart Center
Students will place a picture card in a pocket chart, then build the word using the letter cards.
- Spin a Word Real Words vs Nonsense Words
Students spin the beginning sound and then the word family to build a word. They will then write the words on the recording sheet.
- Read and Match Printables
Students will cut out the word cards and glue them under the correct image. Makes a great assessment tool.
♥ Short Vowel Reading Words Games:
- Short A Word Game- Don’t Let the Cat Out of the Bag
- Short E Word Game- Hen’s Eggs
- Short I Word Game-Quick Pig
- Short O Word Game- X Marks the Spot
- Short U Word Game- Under my Umbrella
Why teachers love these!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “So so so great for Kindergarten and early grade 1! Engaging and clear. Thank you!! -Courtney M.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Great independent practice for CVC words. Thank you!” -Bridget S.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Great resource to work on short vowels! Thank you!” -Janeen V.
♥ Find engaging reading activities to use all year long with the CVC Words Mega Bundle!♥