Are your students WILD about reading? This is a ten page file that will help them create a reading journal to record their book choices, responses and new vocabulary. This file contains:
1. Photos and descriptions of how I set up a reading journal with my students.
2. Journal Labels
3. Page header for a Book Log.
4. A letter to students about the journal and a check list for a journal response.
5. A list of Thinking Stems to help them write a journal response letter.
6. Vocabulary Header Page: Wonder Words
7. A reading response rubric for assessment
8. 3 pages of printables for you to use to create a Book Nook poster
Get organized and set up for the new year! Email with any questions or visit Thirdgradethinkers8 for more ideas on creating journals with your students!