This reading literature bulletin board is designed to challenge students to read and think OUTSIDE the box! Throughout the school year, students will have the opportunity to complete 12 challenges using this interactive piece of decor!
Read a book being made into a movie
Read a New York Times best seller
Read a book set in a foreign country
Read a book written the year you were born
Read a book from a different time period
Read a book recommended by a friend
Read a book about social justice
Read a formerly banned book
Read a collection of short stories or poems
Read a piece of non-fiction literature
Read a science fiction or fantasy novel
Read a book awarded the Newbery Medal
This resource includes:
-Student tracking bookmarks
-12 challenge pockets
-12 challenge cards
-Realistic, sophisticated graphics that are appealing to teens
-"Reading Workshop" bulletin board letters in mustard gold
1. Print the bookmarks of page 2 of the resource and give on to each student in your room.
2. Print pages 3-14 of the resource. These are the pockets the hold the challenges. You’ll insert the challenges behind these pockets as shown in the picture.
3. Print pages 15-26 (2 copies of each). These are the reading challenges. For example: students might be challenged to read a New York Times best seller or a book that was published the year they were born. These challenges are designed to get students reading outside of their typical comfort zone!
4. GRADING: You can use these as an extra credit opportunity OR use it as an independent reading grade where students need to complete X amount of challenges to receive full credit for the year.
5. Students will use their bookmarks to check off their completed challenges. The challenge cards have a prompt as well as a short assignment for students to complete after reading the novel.
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW to see the bulletin board in action!
Connect with Me
Find me on Snapchat: Superheroteach
If you like this product, please leave feedback!