This ten day unit contains interactive lessons, activities, and assessments designed for the Reading Literature Standard 3.3. Describe characters in a story (e.g., their traits, motivations, or feelings) and explain how their actions contribute to the sequence of events.
The lessons are formatted to address all of the learning modalities as I described in my book "A Common Sense Approach to Differentiation."
The lessons and materials included can be easily adapted for second and fourth grade as well.
Contents of Product:
• Lessons for teaching how to describe characters using traits and lessons for how characters’ feelings and motivation effect the story. Corresponding printables are included for each lesson. The lessons are organized using a scaffolding approach of the concept with activities for application of the strategies.
• Assessment-rubrics are included to assess each student’s understanding based on the follow up activities of the concepts taught.
This is the second set of lessons and materials of a series of Reading Literature Lessons being created by me for third grade. (Can be used with second and fourth grade as well)
Listed below are the printables included in the unit to supplement the lessons.
• Character Traits and Character Feelings mini anchor charts
• Character Traits Match Activity
• Character Sort Activity
• All About the Character Foldable with Rubric
• Original Story “A Change of Plans”
• Character Feelings Flapbook
• Character Motivation Mini Anchor Chart
• Character Effects Sequence of Events with Rubric