This unit will allow you to cycle through multiple standards using the same piece of text. This is a fantastic opportunity to discuss Close Reading strategies and the purpose of analyzing a text in different ways.
Throughout this story, students will:
1. Analyze the Grinch’s character, and provide evidence of change (development) (RL 4.3)
2. Create a summary of the text (RL 4.2)
3. Identify a theme for the story with evidence to elaborate (RL 4.2)
4. Connect illustrations and oral tone with descriptions in the text (RL 4.7)
5. Collect adjectives from the story and order them correctly in their own writing (L.4.1d) practice & formative included
If you are in need of a copy of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas, click here
! You can even print out student copies to text-mark for close reading opportunities!