As we introduce literary texts in our classroom we want to ensure we are asking all the right questions. We want to make sure our students understand Common Core language and can tackle the kinds of questions addressed in the standards. This packet is a "no fail" resource that can be used with ANY literary text resource you use in class. It takes you through each step of the literary evaluation process students should be doing as they examine literary text and media pieces that relate or are based on the literature itself.
Included in this packet:
1. Essential Literary Questions/Writing Form (Labeled by Common Core Literature Standard)
2. Compare & Contrast Literature Form (Labeled by Common Core Literature Standard)
3. Media & Literature Comparative Question/Writing Form
4. Comparative Language Chart
5. Compare and Contrast Graphic Organizer
6. Compare & Contrast Writing Rubric (easy 4 pt guide)
***All Questions Are Clearly Labeled by Common Core Standard.***
Tip: I accompany these same forms with ALL literary text pieces in my classroom. It covers ALL literary text standards and breeds familiarity. Students learn what to look for and how to effectively evaluate a piece of information text.
Image Credit: Krista Wallden and www.kevinandamanda.com