As teachers, we all look for different ways to help our students apply the skills they learn in the classroom. Try this simple, standards-based reading log to help promote students' analysis skills while they are reading at home. Skills exercised in this reading log include:
- Citing text evidence
- Identifying point of view
- Identifying text type and genre
- Making connections to a text through personal experience, another text, or current events
- Identifying the central message of a text
- Finding evidence to support the central idea
- Connecting evidence to your central idea
- Finding new / unfamiliar vocabulary in the text
- Defining vocabulary based on context clues
This product can be used individually for homework activities, group work, or station/center activity on a short text.
This product is aligned with the following Common Core Standards:
4th Grade: 5th Grade: 6th Grade
RL4.1 RL5.1 RL6.1
RL4.2 RL5.2 RL6.2
RL4.4 RL5.4 RL6.4
Please leave feedback, and come back for more products from TeachAcevedo.
Shine on, teachers!