This reading log is used to help motivate students to read more on their own, and to reflect on their reading during voluntary reading time.
This reading log includes:
- a fun cover for children to colour and personalize.
- a place for students to write their reading partner's name.
- a place for students to draw the book cover - helps them develop prediction skills, and understand literacy functions and formats.
- an opportunity to reflect on their reading of a book in a simple way.
- encouragement to students in reading books more than once, and reflecting on how their reading fluency and comprehension improved each time.
- a section for students to share what they liked about the book.
- a space for tallying the amount of times a student read a particular book.
- Teacher running record in 1) error rate, 2) self-correction rate, 3) accuracy rate, 4) words per minute, and 5) words correct per minute.