Thank you for visiting my store!
This document is a weekly homework reading log that students fill out each day and turn in/get it checked each Monday.
The download includes:
1. A one-page reading log page with:
- A chart for students to record the book they read, the author, the number of pages, the amount of time, and a parent signature for each day
- A writing section at the bottom for a reflection
2. A Writing Prompt sheet with 23 suggested prompts for students to write about for the writing section on the Reading Log sheet.
*You can either allow students to choose from all 23, or change the choices each week! Keeps it interesting for the students (and you!)
3. A rubric--this is the same rubric you will use to grade the reading log each week that can be shared with the students so they know what to look for!
*There are three versions of the rubric depending on the amount of time you require your students to read each night (20 minutes, 15 minutes, or 10 minutes)
I assigned this from week 1 in my class and it turned into an easy routine for the students to complete and me to check throughout the year! It's also a great way for parents to be kept in the loop on their child's reading.