Banish book logs and increase independent reading at home with Reading Challenges for the Whole Year. Make reading fun for your primary students! There are challenges not only for the school year but also for the school breaks!
Download the preview for details!
What resources did I include in this product for you?
⬟ Monthly Reading Challenges for August-June
- These monthly reading challenges are no prep! Just print them up and hand them out.
- Monthly reading challenges ask students to complete a variety of fun individual challenges (reading in bed, reading a book they've never read before, read in an empty bathtub, etc).
- Students color in the corresponding picture to show they've completed that challenge and return the challenge at the end of the month.
⬟ Display Challenges
- Display challenges are included for many of the months.
- These are simple challenges that have your students completing a quick reading-related craft (most of them also no-prep, print and go) and returning it to you.
- These challenges were created to make bulletin boards and classroom displays celebrating reading easy, fun, and attractive.
⬟ Anytime Challenges
- Anytime challenges are included to use a bonus challenge for eager readers or in place of any monthly challenges you choose.
- Some are short and sweet enough that they can be used in the classroom during reading centers, guided reading, or small groups.
⬟ Holiday-Break Challenges
- Challenges for fall, winter (two challenge options), spring, and summer breaks are included to keep reading fun and engaging even during breaks.
- Fall: Students fill a pumpkin patch up with reading challenges they've completed.
- Winter: Students either stuff a stocking or build a snowman, based on the reading they do over break.
- Spring: Students fill a basket with eggs, based on their spring break reading.
- Summer: Students complete a sand bucket challenge with up to 10 pages full of challenges.
⬟ Reminder notes
⬟ A parent letter
⬟ Reward ideas
⬟ A printable for setting up a book raffle in your room, should you choose to use it as a reward for monthly reading
What have other customers loved about this product?
"I just bought this and can't wait to use it. I don't like reading logs and I think this will be a fun motivator for kids and will encourage at-home reading." (Thank you, Pam H.!)
"These were just what I was looking for! My students can work at their own pace and the activities are fun! I've had some great conversations about these already and it's only October!" (Thank you!)
"This looks like an amazing resource! I am trying to simplify my homework this year and I LOVE the flexibility of this! It encourages students to read, but does not overwhelm them (or their parents!). Amazing product!" (Thank you, Kristal L.!)
Do you need other reading resources? You'll love these:
Are you looking for more from me? Connect with me!
Visit my blog for great content and more resources.