Are you looking for an editable reading log that you can use to encourage and hold students accountable for independent reading? Includes LIFETIME* UPDATES, too!
Use these during school reading, at home reading, during literature groups, or during book clubs? These versatile fully editable reading calendars encourage students to read, set goals, track progress, and hold themselves accountable. Better yet, students will use their math skills to graph their progress with these monthly reading logs!
Reading outside of school is important. Research shows that time spent independently reading helps vocabulary development and reading skills are improved. These calendars make it more fun for students. This set of calendars is simple to use, and it encourages a love of reading. It also provides you with some great data.
Each calendar has an inspirational reading-themed quote to inspire your readers. Most months have a holiday option as well as a non-holiday option.
The calendars are dated January-December. All calendars come in both color and B&W. These reading logs come in print and use PDF or customizable in MS PowerPoint.
HOW TO USE READING CALENDAR LOGS:
• Make homework more meaningful and simple by simply tracking reading minutes.
• Pass out the monthly reading calendar / perfect homework task.
• Students set a goal for the number of minutes they can read each week at home.
• Send the reading calendar home.
• Students read and record the number of minutes spent reading.
• Each week students total and graph their reading minutes.
• At the end of the month, students add up all their reading minutes and reflect upon their goal.
• Save the monthly sheets, and at the end of the year, (if desired) transfer all data onto the yearly form and compute the total number of minutes (then convert minutes to hours and minutes).
Included in this set:
• Suggestions for use
• Year long tracking total reading minutes per month
• Editable monthly calendars in PowerPoint dated Aug. 2017 to Dec 2019 (with updates each March) in BOTH black and white and color.
• Graphics images in PowerPoint to copy and paste into your calendar to create your own personal calendar just right for you. Includes reading minute graphs (3 options), goal setting for reading (minutes/day, minutes/week, minutes/month), check boxes for meeting or not meeting goals (2 options), weekly summary tables with and without parent signature boxes.
• PDF NO-PREP calendars dated Aug. 2017 to Dec 2019 (with updates coming each March) with graphs for tracking minutes read each week, place to write reading goals, parent signature box to sign off on weekly reading minutes. Many months have 2 options; one with holidays and season themed graphics and one with generic graphics and no Holidays (great for international teachers). The PDF print and use set is in printable black and white for ink-saving.
• Directions for how to use and customize MS PowerPoint calendars.
• Yearly summary page for students to tally minutes read during the year.
✏︎ Remember, if you don’t want to edit and customize, this set also includes a print and go option!
Computer Programs Needed:
Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe Reader (for PDFs).
Make sure you have a zip uncompressing program to open the files.
♥︎ LIFETIME UPDATES! I am excited to add the calendar dates for you each year. I'll create these for you by March each year for the upcoming school year. Lifetime* = The lifetime updates continue as long as I sell on TpT and as long as this product receives 3.9 (minimum) or 4.0 overall rating. My goal is 100%, 4.0 satisfaction. I would rather modify the product if needed to meet your needs than receive less than a 4.0 rating. ♥︎
You Might Like:
Yearlong Book Projects, Genre Posters, Literary Elements Posters, and Literary Elements Flip Book BUNDLED SET