"Reading Lolita in Tehran" by Azar Nafisi: A Study Guide provides support for a reflective reading of this excellent memoir. This Guide is an aid to close and thoughtful reading of the text, not an alternative to it.
1. Teacher's Introduction;
2. List of characters with detailed notes;
3. Analysis of themes;
4. Each Part typically has a detailed commentary and questions (33 in all) which guide the reader to a deeper understanding of the background, themes, and characters. The questions are excellent for group discussion in class, but can also be used for self-study, homework, formal presentations, written answers, etc. No answers are provided: the students WILL find their answers in the text.;
5. Glossary of relevant literary terms;
6. Suggestions on how to use the questions to promote discussions and presentation in class or reading circles;
7. Two graphic organizers (timeline and main characters) for students to make notes.