Products in this Bundle (4)
Also included in
- Prepare for the OSSLT or cover the mandated tasks for the OSSLC: this literacy bundle includes a full semester's worth of literacy passages and comprehension questions, literacy lessons and activities, and literacy assignments. Suitable for distance learning and Google Classroom®. Explore informat$71.00$102.95Save $31.95
- Looking for middle school mini lessons, worksheets, handouts, and activities to teach literacy in the secondary English Language Arts classroom? This MASSIVE bundle includes reading, writing, speaking and listening activities for over 29 weeks of daily lessons, activities and literacy tasks!⚡️⚡️⚡️ OVE$120.00$200.35Save $80.35
This informational text bundle guides secondary students through summarizing the news and writing news articles. Suitable for distance learning and Google Classroom®. Using the W5H graphic organizer and news article template, students will solidify the foundational literacy skills of reading and writing news articles.
FEATURES 3 FULL POWERPOINT LESSONS
2 WEEKS WORTH OF LEARNING ACTIVITIES
ASSESSMENT W/ 4-LEVEL RUBRIC INCLUDED
⚡️⚡️⚡️ OVER 25% IN DISCOUNTS! ⚡️⚡️⚡️
How to use this resource:
The foundation of these teachings is the W5-H method, which can be used to teach news literacy, as well as to create a framework for writing informational texts. The W5H worksheet acts as a news article graphic organizer for reading, as well as a news article template for writing.
I use this as a creative component while teaching the Ontario Literacy Course (OLC), or as OSSLT prep for students writing the Ontario Literacy Test. This resource is also a great addition to any Middle School or High School English Language Arts curriculum! Students LOVE the "Humans of My High School" assessment. This news article project is an engaging assignment based off of Brandon Stanton's "Humans of New York."
Modifications and differentiated instruction for Special Education and English Language Learners have been included.
You might also be interested in Mondays Made Easy's Digital Resources.
⭐ Customer Tip! ⭐
Want FREE CREDIT to go towards purchases? Make sure to offer feedback for your downloads! Follow these instructions below:
- Go to your "My Purchases" page to find a "Provide Feedback" button next to each download.
- Follow this link to offer a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases!
- Your feedback is important to me as it helps me to continually improve my products and ensure they are meeting your needs!
Follow me! Be the first to know about product launches, sales, discounts, and free giveaways:
➾ The Blog
For questions, collaborations, or other concerns:
✉ Contact me: email@example.com
Access my Free Resource Library!
Mondays Made Easy is committed to the continual improvement of resources to meet the current needs of teachers. This product was last updated on November 28, 2020.