Non-Fiction - A Wild Animal Day! 4-Day Mega Unit Plan, aligned with Common Core Standards, has everything you need for a complete interdisciplinary interactive Unit. It includes 4 Non-fiction Lessons about wild Africa animals along with tasks. Each lesson covers reading, math, science, writing, and social studies. For 2nd – 4th graders, these Lesson Plans are interesting and fun. Great for you or to leave for sub. Here’s a quick overview:
• 4 Non-fiction articles about ‘popular’ Africa wild animals (African Elephant, Zebra, Giraffe, Lion)
• Task 1: Reading Non-fiction– finding text evidence
• Task 2: Writing – extracting data, finding text evidence, drawing conclusions
• Task 3: Math Word Problems – basic operations, critical thinking
• Task 4: Crossword Puzzle: finding text evidence, classifying animals as carnivores, herbivores, comparing, distinguishing
• Task 5: Map: Social Studies, labeling places on map, putting animal pictures on map using habitat, classifying
• Answer Key: provided for all Math Word Problems and Crossword Puzzles
* Use as Assessment or Quizzes
Example: On day 1, you might have the students do Non-fiction Reading and complete all tasks for the African Elephant lesson. Then on day 2, they might do the Zebra lesson and so on. After students have completed all 4 lessons, they are ready to do the map tasks.
Thank you for visiting my store.
Pearlena Wallace, PHD
Apple House Learning℠