READING NON FICTION AND MEDIA TEXTS
Reading Non-fiction and Media Texts Teaching Resources is a 104 slide PowerPoint presentation with a 15 page booklet of worksheets designed to teach reading and analysis of non-fiction and media texts. This resource has been constructed with the four part lesson plan in mind (starter activity, introduction, development and plenary) and all lessons can be edited, adapted and differentiated to suit your teaching needs. English teachers can preview the Reading Non-fiction and Media Texts Teaching resource by clicking on the images at the top of the page.
The Reading Non-fiction and Media Texts lessons contain a range of skills and activities, including:
* What are non-fiction and media texts?
* How do audience and purpose affect non-fiction and media texts?
* How are fact and opinion used in media and non-fiction texts?
* Developing awareness of how rhetorical techniques can affect the reader
* Bias, rhetoric and exaggeration; Generalisations and counter arguments
* Presentational devices
* Comparing texts and exploring exam success
To preview English Teaching Resources: Reading Non-fiction and Media Texts click on the images.