PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Do your reading partners often have a tough time getting started? Improve Reading Partnerships during your Reader’s Workshop with this “We Go Together” theme for Reading Buddies. Your students will no longer debate who picks the book or how to read together!
At the start of each Reader’s Workshop have a student flip the card for the day.
• If you are “peanut butter” you choose the first book.
• If you are “jelly”, you choose how to read it.
1. Assign your Reading Buddies a role as either the “Peanut Butter” or “Jelly” in their reading partnerships.
2. Adhere their picture or write their name on the slice.
3. Keep in mind, that partnerships may change throughout the year, you may wish to tape/velcro their pictures or use a dry erase marker to label them so that you can use this anchor chart year after year.
• 4 posters options to label your display
• Peanut Butter and Jelly cards
A Complete List of Reader’s Workshop Resources that you may also find useful:
From my home away from home…
The K Files