Products in this Bundle (2)
The Reading Comprehension Passage and Questions is a high-interest digital and printable reading unit that's perfect for distance learning and set up for Google Classroom™. This engaging informational reading unit on bog mummies is just what you need for week's worth of distance learning or in class reading and writing work with upper elementary or middle school students. Keep students challenged with the academically aligned informational reading passage revealing the mystery behind northern Europe's bog mummies.
Common Core comprehension questions will help your students practice close reading strategies. Includes comprehension questions, mentor sentences, vocabulary games and tests, differentiated pages, and much more. Great for when you need a guest teacher or an entire week's worth of reading and writing work. Directions and tips are part of this 45-page unit for Google Slides™ and Google Forms™. Easy and ready to use!
Included you'll find
• 1-week schedule of ELA work and directions for using this unit each day
- Directions for implementation of this 40-page unit
- Engaging Reading Passage
- 2-Drag and Drop vocabulary games
- Differentiated Google Forms™ Reading Assessment
- Close Reading prompts and leveled questions
- Writing templates for written response
- Vocabulary work
- Differentiated Drag and Drop Vocabulary Quiz
- Differentiated Google Form™ Vocabulary Quiz
- Graphic Organizers
- Differentiated Mentor Sentence work for grammar and punctuation work
- Text-dependent questions and open-ended questions
The printable unit includes the following:
• Directions for implementation of this 43-page unit
• Leveled reading passage (grade levels 6/7)
• Differentiated Common Core-type assessment questions for test prep
• Close Reading Directions
• Text annotation symbols and bookmarks
• Close Reading prompts and leveled questions
• Writing templates for written response
• Vocabulary work and differentiated assessments
• 2-Vocabulary games
• Mentor Sentence work
•Students will practice close reading informational text.
•Students will use the text to answer text-dependent questions and then consider open-ended questions.
•Students will become familiar with the levels of questioning and how to answer different types of questions.
•Students will become familiar with state testing-style questioning. Each question has been carefully considered and written similar to those questions found on state testing.
•Students will use context to determine the meaning of unfamiliar words.
•Students will consider the author’s purpose for writing the text.
•Students will consider the author's tone.
•Students will work on mentor sentences focusing on commas, semicolons, parentheses, and adjectives.
You might be interested in these other products:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store. All new products are 50% off for the first 24 hours! Be the first to know!