Products in this Bundle (16)
showing 1-5 of 16 products
Are you ready to print and have students reading in a matter of minutes? These reading comprehension sheets with informational text are perfect in so many ways. Topics are high interest and many correlate with units of study. So, get ready to tackle some science, some holiday topics, or just some fun topics in an interesting format that will keep your students busy reading and responding!
The sets feature upper 3rd to fifth-grade skills. This includes:
- Finding the main idea
- Determining word meaning in context
- Finding evidence
- Comparing examples to passages
- Listing examples
- Comparing and contrasting
- Basic reading comprehension questions
- Drawing tables or graphs
- Drawing illustrations and labeling
- Citing examples of author's point
- Drawing Venn diagrams
- Determining text features and their purpose
These skills are not covered in every resource in this bundle. This is a comprehensive list.
The set also makes use of nonfiction text features. You will find bold print words, bulleted lists, captions, close-ups, cross-sections, diagrams, fact boxes, glossary, headings, illustrations, italics, labels, maps, parentheses, photos, subtitles, tables, timeline, titles, and Venn diagrams used in the reading passages or worksheets. The text features listed are not found in every resource. This is a comprehensive list.
Each set has four reading passages provided in two reading levels- an easier and a more challenging. Each reading passage includes 3- 4 comprehension questions.
In addition, a newspaper mock-up article page is included that has 3 more reading selections. There is a comprehension question page for the newspaper set and 1-2 graphic organizers.
All answer keys are provided. Specific skills and Common Core standards are listed on each table of contents page within the separate resources.
NOTE: Check the individual previews to see samples of each of the pages.
NOTE: The reading selections for this resource were written for elementary students. The vocabulary and examples are specific to this age group. The reading levels of the passages are appropriate for upper third grade through fifth grade. These sets are perfect for centers, small groups, seat work, homework, or sub days!
This bundle currently includes 16 Print & Read resources. Topics are listed below:
- Animal Adaptations - The reading selections are about animal adaptations, how animals use camouflage and mimicry, learned and instinctive adaptations, and how humans can protect endangered animals. The newspaper articles are about unusual adaptations, camouflage and mimicry, and herpetologists.
- Landforms – The reading selections include basic information about landforms, the Grand Canyon, caves, and sinkholes. The newspaper articles include information about bogs, national parks, and fjords.
- Muscles and Bones- The reading selections include an overview of bones and joints, how muscles and tendons work together to make the hand move, how joints work, and how muscles work in pairs. The newspaper articles are about what happens when a bone breaks, the size of fingers, and Ironman’s suit vs. an exoskeleton.
- Pirates- The reading selections are about the background of pirates, pirates and their parrots, the pirate flag, and the life of a pirate at sea. The newspaper articles are about pirate vocabulary, the jobs of a pirate on board the ship, and treasure chests.
- Sharks- The reading selections include basic information about whale sharks, basking sharks, the great white shark, and the hammerhead shark. The newspaper articles include information about the cookie cutter shark, coral reefs, and a comparison chart of shark sizes.
- Space- The reading selections include basic information about the Challenger, Sally Ride, walking in space, and Bonnie Dunbar. The newspaper articles include information about stars, light-years, falling stars, and NASA.
- Spiders- The reading selections include basic information about the difference between spiders and insects, the banana spiders, different kinds of webs, and the diving bell spider. The newspaper articles include information about two spiders that use their webs in unusual ways, the King Baboon spider, and spider fangs.
- Weather - The reading selections include basic information about hurricanes, the formation of storms, information about tornadoes, and storm chasers. The newspaper articles include hailstones, rainbows, and weather maps.
- Volcanoes - The reading selections include basic information about the dangers of volcanoes, how magma is formed, the eruption of Mount St. Helens, and the Ring of Fire. Each set of passages includes a basic worksheet in two levels.
- Sports - The reading selections include famous African-American athletes, women in sports, field events, and lacrosse. The newspaper articles include ping pong, dimples on golf balls, and famous athletes that are immigrants to the United States.
- Back to School- The reading selections include a passage about Anne Sullivan and Helen Keller, a passage about basic school supplies, a passage about how pencils are made, and a passage about the one-room schoolhouse. The newspaper articles include fun facts about crayons, the hours students spend in school in other countries, and how to say school in other languages.
- Halloween- The reading selections include a passage about the history of trick-or-treating, a passage about fears and phobias, a passage about haunted houses, and a passage about the tradition of carving a jack-o’-lantern. The newspaper articles include an article about mazes, an article about the best-selling candy, an article about the largest pumpkin ever grown, and a fact box article that includes candy trivia.
- Gold Rush - The reading selections are about the discovery of gold in California in 1848, the hard life of a miner, different methods of mining for gold, and the stagecoach. The newspaper articles include the Pony Express, a timeline of the events from 1848-1855, the boomtown of San Francisco, and fact boxes about the Pony Express and women during the gold rush.
- Christmas - The reading selections are about the cease-fire on Christmas Eve during World War I, decorating the White House for Christmas, using greenery to decorate for the holidays, and the traditions of Hanukkah. The newspaper articles include playing the game of dreidel, baking cookies for Christmas (including a recipe), and the many names for Santa.
- Winter Sports - The reading selections are about skiing’s history, the story of Shaun White and Vonetta Flowers, the sport called the biathlon, and the sport of ice climbing. The newspaper articles include the hazards of snow biking, the sport of curling, and unusual winter sports. There is a comprehension question page for the newspaper set and 2 graphic organizers.
- Valentine's Day - The reading selections are about exchanging cards for Valentine's Day, how chocolate is made, candy conversation hearts, and Hershey's Kisses candy. The newspaper articles include the gift of roses, amounts of money spent on gifts, and the town of Hershey, Pennsylvania.
The price for this bundle reflects 16 Print and Read resources. The price will increase as any new resources are added.
This is not a growing bundle. I may add to it occasionally with no certain timeline or date to be announced. Each addition will result in a price increase. Grab the bundle now and save money!
These Print and Read resources can be found in a different bundle you might enjoy:
- Animal Adaptations Reading and Escape Room Bundle
- Landforms Reading and Escape Room Bundle
- Muscles and Bones Reading and Escape Room Bundle
- Pirates Reading and Escape Room Bundle
- Sharks Reading and Escape Room Bundle
- Space Reading and Escape Room Bundle
- Spiders Reading and Escape Room Bundle
- Weather Reading and Escape Room Bundle
- Volcano Reading and Escape Room Bundle
- Sports Reading and Escape Room Bundle
- Back to School Reading and Escape Room Bundle
- Halloween Reading and Escape Room Bundle
- Gold Rush Reading and Escape Room Bundle
- Christmas Reading and Escape Room Bundle
- Winter Sports Reading and Escape Room Bundle
- Valentine's Day Reading and Escape Room Bundle
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Keep in Touch!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!