- This resource contains 20 reading comprehension passages (9 nonfiction passages, 8 fiction passages, 2 poems, and 1 script). Following each passage, there are six multiple-choice comprehension questions. The comprehension questions vary with each passage, which allows your students the opportunity t$19.98$11.99Save $7.99
- This reading passages bundle is ideal for test prep! It contains 60 reading comprehension passages (32 nonfiction passages, 17 fiction passages, 8 poems, and 3 dramas). Beneath each passage, there are usually six multiple choice comprehension questions. (However, two of the poems contain 9 questions$49.95$24.99Save $24.96
After reading each passage or poem, students will answer a variety of comprehension questions with multiple choice answer options.
- Product Description
This resource contains 20 reading comprehension passages (9 nonfiction passages, 8 fiction passages, 2 poems, and 1 script). Beneath each passage, there are six multiple choice comprehension questions. These reading passages can be used in so many ways! Some options include using them as a test prep activity, as morning work or homework, as part of a small group lesson, or as a distance learning activity).
The comprehension questions vary with each passage, which allows your students the opportunity to review several reading skills at once.
The skills targeted in these passages include:
- Citing Text Evidence (20 passages)
- Context Clues (18)
- Figurative Language (11)
- Character Traits (7)
- Main Idea (7)
- Theme/Central Message (7)
- Text Structure (7)
- Cause and Effect (7)
- Affixes and Roots (6)
- Author's Purpose (5)
- Inferences (4)
- Genre (3)
- Text Features (3)
- Drawing Conclusions (3)
- Synonyms and Antonyms (1)
- Author's Tone (1)
- Elements of Drama (2)
- Elements of Poetry (2)
- Author's Perspective (1)
- Compare/Contrast (1)
- Summarizing (1)
- Sequencing (1)
Seven passages fall into the 610-800 lexile range.
Ten passages fall into the 810-1000 lexile range.
One poem falls into the 810-1000 lexile range. The other poem is slightly higher, as it shows a lexile level of 1010-1200.
The script is written at a 410-600 lexile range.
You can also purchase the self-checking digital version of these passages, which uses Google Forms. It is ideal for distance learning situations! Click HERE to view that option.
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW to see some of the printable passages and to view what the digital version looks like.
Don't miss my other sets of reading passages! Click on the links below to check them out!
If you are looking for passages written for third grade readers, click here!
Copyright by Deb Hanson
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher is prohibited. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on an Internet site that is not password protected are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!