Also included in
- This resource contains 20 reading comprehension passages (10 nonfiction passages, 9 fiction passages, and 1 poem). Following each passage, there are six multiple-choice comprehension questions. This bundle allows teachers the capability to choose between the printable version, the Google Slides vers$11.99$19.98Save $7.99
- This reading passages bundle is ideal for test prep! It contains 60 reading comprehension passages (32 nonfiction passages, 17 fiction passages, 8 poems, and 3 dramas). Beneath each passage, there are usually six multiple choice comprehension questions. (However, two of the poems contain 9 questions$29.99$59.94Save $29.95
This resource contains 20 reading comprehension passages (10 nonfiction passages, 9 fiction passages, and 1 poem). Beneath each passage, there are six multiple-choice comprehension questions. These reading passages can be used in so many ways! Some options include using them as a test prep activity, as morning work or homework, or as part of a small group lesson.
The comprehension questions vary with each passage, which allows your students the opportunity to review several reading skills at once.
The skills targeted in these passages include:
- Citing Text Evidence (19 passages)
- Context Clues (19)
- Cause and Effect (12)
- Figurative Language (10)
- Character Traits (9)
- Main Idea (8)
- Theme/Central Message (7)
- Text Structure (6)
- Author's Purpose (3)
- Drawing Conclusions (3)
- Prefixes (3)
- Suffixes (3)
- Genre (2)
- Supporting Details (2)
- Text Features (2)
- Sequence (2)
- Compare/Contrast (2)
- Antonyms (1)
- Word Choice (1)
- Roots (1)
- Summarizing (1)
- Point of View (1)
- Author's Tone (1)
Ten passages fall into the 610-800 lexile range.
Nine passages fall into the 810-1000 lexile range.
The poem is slightly higher, as it shows a lexile level of 1010-1200.
********This resource is available in three formats:
- Traditional Printables- Print the PDF and distribute the paper version to your students.
- Easel Activity- With this paperless format, an interactive layer has been added to the original PDF! Students can complete this activity on a device. Students read each passage and the six questions that follow. This has a multiple-choice format, and students select their answers by moving the circles.
- Easel Assessment- Students complete these on a device, as well. Each assessment can be assigned separately, so you can assign just one passage at a time to your students. These are self-grading! After reading each passage, students answer six multiple-choice questions. With this option, the teacher chooses whether or not his or her students receive immediate feedback.
You can also purchase Google versions. Click HERE to view that option.
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW!
Don't miss my other sets of reading passages! Click on the links below to check them out!
If you are looking for passages written for third-grade readers, click here!
Copyright by Deb Hanson
*This resource cannot be edited.*
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher is prohibited. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on an Internet site that is not password protected are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!