This fun passport booklet can inspire students to expand their reading horizons by trying different literary genres.
Students have the opportunity to add their important information to their passport. As they read, students earn stamps or stickers to signal that they have finished their reading. Students are also required to summarize what they have read to ensure accountability.
For best results, copy these two pages back to back, so that all reading genre information is in the middle of the booklet.
Try these fun suggestions to implement the reading passport in your classroom…
• as a classroom reading incentive program
• as a springboard for book talks or book shares
• to introduce different writing styles and mentor texts
• to monitor your variety in teacher directed read alouds
• to introduce the concept of different literary genres to your students
• to challenge higher level readers to reach for higher goals
• to support lower level readers in experimenting with different genres
• in conjunction with geography themed social studies unit
• as a summer reading encouragement booster
• summer camps or summer reading programs
• in school libraries to encourage pleasure reading
Visit my store for more reading resources!