Reading Poetry Elements Unit | Writing Poems | Figurative Language Anchor Charts
Teaching students to read poetry elements and figurative language has never been easier. Students will practice both reading and writing poems through the use of these helpful anchor charts, posters and templates. This free poetry reading and writing sample covers teaching ABC poems.
This is a free sample of the FULL one month unit which covers ALL of your poetry teaching needs. There is also a digital version, which includes 44 INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS and a digital template for students.
Poetry Elements Covered:
- ABC Poem
- Acrostic Poem
- Autobiographical Poem
- Ballad Poem
- Chant Poem
- Cinquain Poem
- Color Poem
- Diamante Poem
- Haiku Poem
- Limerick Poem
- Lune Poem
- Ode Poem
- Shape Poem
- Tanka Poem
Figurative Language Covered:
- Point of View
Each poetry element or figurative language lesson includes:
- An anchor chart explaining the element
- A template to write your own element
- A fluency, comprehension and imagery practice page
- A blank page for students' poetry books
This 180+ Document Includes:
- A 2 Page Teaching/Pacing Guide
- 22 Anchor Charts (full color and black and white)
- 22 Writing Templates (full color and black and white)
- 24 Page Poetry Writing Book (full color and black and white)
- Poetry Book Writing Rubric
- 22 Reading Comprehension pages (full color and black and white)
- 4 Pages of Vocabulary Practice (3 words per page)
Do you want instructional videos to teach each poetry elements and figurative language for you? to get:
- Please open the preview file and ask any questions before purchasing.
- DIGITAL Poetry Book for Students to Edit
- Teacher Poetry Book Example
This unit was designed for first, second or third graders, but can be adapted for any elementary grade.
Please open the preview file and ask any questions before purchasing. Enjoy!