Also included in
- This Reading Response Activities Bundle for your Middle School students is PERFECT for use with any literary unit! We've bundled FIVE of our BEST-SELLING and most popular resources at a fraction of the cost. BONUS: We even added our popular Reading Response Projects Choice Board Bingo! Purchasing thPrice $16.40Original Price $20.50Save $4.10
- These reading response activities include many of our best selling items! These resources will be incredible additions to your language arts classroom! Perfect for grades 5+ (but ideal for the middle school and high school classroom)!SAVE ON OUR BEST-SELLING RESOURCES BY PURCHASING THIS BUNDLE!RESOUPrice $36.20Original Price $45.25Save $9.05
- If you're looking for digital reading and writing activities that are going to have your students producing high-quality work while also keeping them engaged and excited about learning - THIS BUNDLE IS IT!These completely digital reading and writing activities were adapted specifically to help you aPrice $60.00Original Price $79.50Save $19.50
Get rid of book reports for good, and use this Reading Projects Choice Board Bingo that is perfect for grades 5-8 (middle school) and can be used with any fiction novel that students are studying! This resource comes with a DIGITAL and PRINT version.
These activities are meant to be done independently for use with a whole class novel, a reading group novel, a self-selected novel, as homework, in-class, or in place of that boring book report. Each column of this Bingo board is divided into a different category (Random, Evaluation, Apply/Analyze, and Design), encouraging students to perform different levels of Bloom's Taxonomy. Some tasks involve writing, while others include drawing and more artistic outlets. We hope your students enjoy this Reading Response Bingo!
**THIS RESOURCE IS A PART OF A LARGER READING RESPONSE ACTIVITIES BUNDLE. SAVE OVER 20% BY PURCHASING OUR READING RESPONSE QUILTS & TASK CARDS BUNDLE**
Sample Activities Include:
"Evaluate if this story really could have happened. Include at least two quotes from the text and justify why those quotes show that the story really could or could not have occurred." (Evaluate)
"Pretend you are a character in the novel and you are writing to a newspaper column asking for help with a problem you are facing in the story. Explain the problem in detail. Then, write a response to the character, offering advice in solving the problem." (Apply/Analyze)
INCLUDED IN THIS ACTIVITY:
- Instructions for Use
- 16 different activities, responses, projects, etc. (4 for each letter of R, E, A, and D)
- Rubric for easy grading
- A PowerPoint EDITABLE version of the rubric (please note this is JUST an editable version of the rubric, not the resource itself)
- A DIGITAL VERSION has been included as well, so you can easily use this resource in your Google Classroom™.
- Students can choose their project directly from the Google Slides™ file included.
- We've also added an editable rubric, so you can easily grade and make suggestions directly in the students' Google Slides™ should you wish to do so.
Here are some suggestions of how you can utilize this resource as reading activities or reading assignments:
- Assign students a response at the end of each chapter or two while studying a class novel.
- Use the bingo board to hold students accountable for books they read independently.
- Have students use the prompts to write book report assignments.
- Assign a weekly writing assignment focused on your current unit of study and allow students the freedom to choose what they want to answer.
**PLEASE NOTE: If you already own the Reading Response Quilt, this Reading Response Bingo has DIFFERENT questions (prompts) that include a more creative approach. Some of the prompts aren't even questions at all - they're tasks/art activities for students that help them delve further into their analysis of the novel, characters, etc.**
YOU WILL ALSO LOVE: