This PowerPoint lesson teaches how to read recipes. Lesson is aligned to common core standards RI.1.1, RI.2.1, W.1.2, and W.2.2. Lesson is 18 slides long and includes:
- What is a recipe?
- Christmas-themed story (online) about importance of following a recipe
- Story discussion questions
- How to read a recipe (Title, Ingredients, Directions)
- Practice reading recipes with comprehension questions
- Optional cooking activity (winter fruit salad) and safety rules
- Writing activity with graphic organizer
- Links to research activities
This lesson can be used at Christmas time or other times of the year.