The purpose of this reading activity is to get your middle school students thinking about timeless texts - meaning, text that goes beyond what's just in the story, but a text that can be applied to life or maybe even teach us a lesson.
**THIS RESOURCE IS A PART OF A LARGER BUNDLE. SAVE OVER 25% BY PURCHASING OUR READING RESOURCES BUNDLE**
Students are asked to find an example of a timeless text from whatever piece of literature currently being read in your classroom. Students are then asked to reflect on what makes this specific piece timeless and then discuss why this quote is important to them. An extension activity includes taking the timeless text a step further and asking students to draw a picture that depicts the quote in action (as the cover of this resource shows).
INCLUDED IN THIS ACTIVITY:
- Teacher Instructions for Use
- Finding Timeless Text Student Worksheet
- Teacher Sample Response
- Student Sample Response
- Timeless Text Artwork Extension Worksheet
- List of Transition Words / Phrases to help students in their writing
- Complete Rubric (you can decide on your own point value for each element and leave comments and feedback for your students)
ALSO FROM EB ACADEMIC CAMPS:
Reading Response Quilt - BEST SELLER!
Informational Text Reading Response Quilt - BEST SELLER!
Emergency Sub Lesson Plans for Middle School
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for sales and all things Middle School ELA!