Reading Response Bingo Packet
(4 Fiction Bingo Boards, 2 Nonfction Bingo Boards)
- After administering mid-year reading assessments to several students, I observed that not only did struggling readers have difficulty responding to comprehension questions but on and above level readers experienced difficulty as well.
- These Reading Response Bingo boards serve as a way for students to discuss and/or write about what they have read.
- Research shows that comprehension is increased when one discusses or writes about what is read.
- Can be used with whole group, small group, partners or at home with parents.
- Can be differentiated by varying questions or quantity of questions to which a student responds.
- 3 Response Bingo Sheets contain question includes a response stem to ensure that students answer in a complete sentence (a great way to differentiate.)
- Total of 9 questions on each board.
*** Tip- I have students respond to one question for homework each night. After all the response boxes have been completed, students hand in the sheet for a small prize or reading certificate.***
*** Great accountability for independent reading."
Thank you from Real Reading Remedies. :)