A Reading Response Activity that can be used in a variety of ways in your classroom!
Here are some suggestions for how you can utilize these reading responses as reading activities or reading assignments:
- Assign students a written response at the end of each chapter or two while studying a class novel.
- Use the quilt to hold students accountable for books they read independently.
- Have students use the prompts to write book report assignments.
- Assign a weekly writing assignment focused on your current unit of study and allow students the freedom to choose what they want to answer.
We want to give students the FREEDOM to CHOOSE what they want to write about. It also makes grading less redundant when you are reading various responses from your students!
In addition to the 28-question quilt, you are also provided with a rubric (you can select the point value of each item in the rubric), academic vocabulary terms, and evidence-based phrases to help students with writing their responses. We have included a visual with instructions for how we use the Reading Response Quilts in our classrooms.
This Reading Response Activity has been used across all grade levels we have taught - from 4th all the way to 12th grade.
**THIS RESOURCE IS A PART OF THREE LARGER BUNDLES.**
SAVE OVER 25% BY PURCHASING ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
- READING RESOURCES BUNDLE
- READING RESPONSE QUILTS & TASK CARDS BUNDLE
- WRITING QUILTS BUNDLE
* Please note, the duration of this activity completely depends how you choose to use it in your classroom. This could be useful for anywhere from one unit of study all the way up to an entire year's worth of written responses. *
Looking for a Response Response Quilt for Informational Text? We've got you covered with that, too! CLICK HERE to check out our other best-selling quilt!
Follow us on Facebook
for sales and all things Middle School ELA!