This is a great print-and-go resource that can be used at any time throughout the school year! This reading response journal can be used as reading assignments, homework assignments, in-class assignments, and so much more. Use in a variety of ways in your classroom!
Here are just a few suggestions of how you can utilize these reading responses:
- Assign students a written response at the end of each chapter or two while studying a class novel.
- Use the journal to hold students accountable for books they read independently.
- Have students use the prompts to write book report assignments.
- Assign a weekly writing assignment focused on your current unit of study and allow students the freedom to choose what they want to answer.
We want to give students the FREEDOM to CHOOSE what they want to write about. It also makes grading less redundant when you are reading various responses from your students!
In addition to the journal, you are also provided with a rubric and academic vocabulary terms to help students with writing their responses. We have included a visual with instructions for how to use the Reading Response Journal in your classroom. Please see the Preview to give you a good idea of what's included in this resource!
This Reading Response Journal is perfect for any unit of study for grades 2-4!
* Please note, the duration of this activity completely depends how you choose to use it in your classroom. This could be useful for anywhere from one unit of study all the way up to an entire quarter's worth of written responses. *
OTHER RESOURCES YOU WILL LIKE:
- EDITABLE Teacher Toolbox Labels Summer Themed
- 30-Day Classroom Community Challenge
Follow us on Facebook
for sales and all things Middle School ELA!
Also, make sure to follow us to be notified when we upload new resources! We always do a special discount when we release a new resource, so it pays to follow us!