This Reading Response Journal Bundle is perfect for in-person, virtual learning, or hybrid learning.
These resources were created to help students improve their overall quality of responding to texts. The reading response question prompts are sorted by ideas to think about in the beginning, middle, & end of a text. Sorting the prompts this way helps students focus their thinking appropriately when reading.
Regularly writing reading responses also allows readers to show how they comprehend and interpret the text, as well as improve their writing and keyboarding skills.
PLEASE NOTE: The content and questions are the SAME in both resources. However, one is formatted for print and one is formatted as a digital journal using Google Slides.
- 45 Reading Response Journal Prompts Organized by prompts for the Beginning, Middle, & End of the book to help scaffold and facilitate higher quality responses.
- How to Write a Reading Response Slide using RACE acronym
- Sample color coded reading response slide
- Blank sample reading response slide for creating your own sample response that goes with your current read aloud
- Reading response checklist for teacher and/or students
- 45+ reading response prompts divided into appropriate groups for the beginning, middle, & end of a text (both full sheet handout & EDITABLE task card versions included)
- RACE acronym poster designed to demonstrate how to write a thorough reading response (full sheet handout & half sheet for notebooks included)
- Sample reading response
- Blank reading response recording sheet
- Reading response checklist (full & half sheets included)
Check out these other resources you may also love!
Are you following my TpT store yet? If not, click HERE. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or DM me on instagram @thecollaborativeclass!
Be sure to follow my:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺