Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
º 36 weekly READING RESPONSE LOGS that can be used with ANY book!
º Each question is aligned to the 3rd grade Common Core standards for literature
º 180 different questions organized by skill. Homework for the entire year - DONE!
º Includes an editable template - create your own questions or customize for a specific book
Tired of having to find things to copy for reading homework each night? Want to try something more authentic that reinforces reading skills in an engaging way? Here is your reading homework for the entire year! This listing includes 36 reading response logs, enough to use a different one every week of the school year. In addition to homework, these response logs can be used during a class read aloud or students' independent reading time. These also work very well as morning work, a center or workstation activity, and during guided reading.
The reading log questions work with ANY fiction book. Each reading log has 5 questions. The questions are correlated to the comprehension and metacognitive strategies in the Common Core, so your students will be getting daily practice of these skills. Because they can be used with any book, these reading logs are inherently differentiated to each of your students’ reading levels!
I have found these to be much more effective than the "sign your name on a calendar" type of reading log where I was never really sure what my kids were reading or if they were understanding it. These creative and grade-appropriate questions will get your students excited about reading while demonstrating to you their level of understanding.
The skills covered in the reading logs include:
• Main Idea & Supporting Details - RL.3.2
• Character Analysis – RL.3.3
• Character Traits – RL.3.3
• Sequence of Events – RL.3.3
• Story Elements – RL.3.5
• Make Inferences – RL.3.3
• Fact & Opinion – RL.3.4 and RL.3.6
• Make Predictions – RL.3.1
• Compare & Contrast – RL.3.9
• Cause & Effect – RL.3.1
• Draw Conclusions – RL.3.6
• Ask Questions – RL.3.1
• Visualize – RL.3.7
• Determine Text Importance – RL.3.2
• Summarize – RL.3.2
• Make Connections – RL.3.9
• Figurative Language – RL.3.4
• Point of View – RL.3.6
• Fix-Up Monitoring – RL.3.1
• Real Reading – RL.3.10
Files included in your purchase:
• 36 weekly reading response logs organized by skill and mixed questions
• 4 different versions of each log:
• one WITH a parent signature line
• one WITHOUT a parent signature line
• one that says Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
• one that says Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Bonus
• editable letter to send home to parents
• template to create your own reading response questions
* Check out the preview for more information and examples of the reading log questions! For a free sample of this product, click here!*
⇒ Follow my store for more great products and freebies! ⇐
* LOOKING FOR READING LOGS FOR NON-FICTION BOOKS? CLICK HERE for my Informational Text edition! Buy both to have all your reading standards covered! *