* Looking for reading logs for FICTION books? CLICK HERE for my LITERATURE EDITION with 36 reading logs containing 180 different questions! *
º 12 weekly READING RESPONSE LOGS
that can be used with ANY non-fiction book!
º Aligned to the 3rd grade Common Core standards
for informational text
º 60 different questions
º Includes an editable
template - create your own questions or customize for a specific book
Tired of having to find things to copy for reading homework each night? Want to try something more authentic
that reinforces reading skills in an engaging way? This listing includes 12 reading response logs
which can be used with any non-fiction text. In addition to homework, these response logs can be used during a class read aloud or students' independent reading time. These also work very well as morning work, a center or workstation activity, and during guided reading.
They work wonderfully with Scholastic News and similar news magazines, too.
The reading log questions work with ANY non-fiction book
. Each reading log has 5 questions. The questions are correlated to the comprehension and metacognitive strategies in the Common Core
, so your students will be getting daily practice of these skills. Because they can be used with any book, these reading logs are inherently differentiated
to each of your students’ reading levels!
I have found these to be much more effective than the "sign your name on a calendar" type of reading log where I was never really sure what my kids were reading or if they were understanding it. These creative
and grade-appropriate questions
will get your students excited about reading while demonstrating to you their level of understanding.
The skills covered in the reading logs include:
• Ask Questions - RI.3.1
• Main Idea & Details – RI.3.2
• Sequence – RI.3.3
• Vocabulary – RI.3.4
• Text Features – RI.3.5
• Point of View– RI.3.6
• Use Illustrations – RI.3.7
• Use Words in Text – RI.3.7
• Text Connections – RI.3.8
• Compare & Contrast – RI.3.9
Files included in your purchase:
• 12 weekly reading response logs
• 4 different versions of each log:
• one WITH a parent signature line
• one WITHOUT a parent signature line
• one that says Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
• one that says Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Bonus
• editable letter to send home to parents
• template to create your own reading response questions
* CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW FOR MORE INFORMATION AND EXAMPLES OF THE READING LOG QUESTIONS! *
⇒ Follow my store for more great products and freebies! ⇐